5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$299
Hotels.comUS$299
Trip.comUS$444
CheapTicketsUS$299
Orbitz.comUS$299
TravelocityUS$299
2,301 results
All reviews overlooking the marina club room shared balcony pizza express multi storey free car parking inland view number bus hotel entrance cooked breakfast small balcony lovely hotel a sea view room public areas comfy bed full english birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed for two nights in a standard double bed room, working out to just over £200 per night.

The room itself was quite small and not equipped with some amenities given the price and four star rating - for example no complimentary water,
Our room was also missing the toothbrush holder as well as the phone not working - meaning calling room service /reception from my own phone, not a big issue but not what I would expect.

Room service wasn't clearly sign posted and it was not until the second day when ordering at the in-house bar and asking if it's ok to take drinks to the room, was i told that they do room service and was handed menus (there were no menus in the room).

What this hotel does well is the location and that is truly all your paying for, though a good view can only be guaranteed if paying for a room with a view. The free parking and ease of access from the car park to the hotel is also a plus point.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Malmaison Brighton, Guest Services / Front Office at Malmaison Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

Dear PashandVidhu,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us. We do apologize if your stay wasn't at all how you expected it and hope you give us a second chance in the future to show you a better service of what Malmaison has to offer. However we are glad that you found the location to be ideal to where you needed to be and that you made use of our free car parking facilities.

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

Wonderful staff, let down by a terrible hotel. Tiny overpriced room at £315/night or £454 for 2 nights - we booked 2 on previous Malmaison stays elsewhere in the world. No comparison, appalling view of a warehouse roof, heard people loudly having sex in another room, area surrounded by drunk chavs like a cheap Dubai, we cancelled our second night quickly, then couldn’t bare to stay so despite paying £315 we left before spending the night.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Malmaison Brighton, Guest Services / Front Office at Malmaison Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Dear Guide15650844443,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us, we are pleased that you found our staff to be most helpful to your stay. We do apologize if your stay wasn't how you wanted it to be and hope this wont deter you from staying with us again in the near future. We hope to show you a better side of Malmaison if you do give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

Hotel was not the usual standard of the Mal that I have seen at others. It was a little dirty, although the cleaners did a fab job in our room. It was just not the standard I have come to expect of the Mal. I booked due to my prior experience in other cities. We went to the restaurant on the Thursday night, my friend and I both got food poisoning we were really not well the following day and evening. I was throwing up all morning, we both got a hot temperature and shivers with a headache that night. The food was not good, the service was really poor. We did complain the following morning and we did get a refund for food, but I would rather have paid and not not felt rough for two days! Would not stay at the Mal again in Brighton.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2021

Had a lovely stay at the Mal. I booked it primarily because of its balcony overlooking the marina and the free parking. These two reasons make it a fantastic hotel to explore Brighton. Beware, the carpark is a little confusing as you don't get a ticket and there's a sign saying if you leave it for longer than 4 hours you'll be fined £70. This is not the case when we asked at reception.

When arriving at the hotel, it is a little underwhelming from the exterior. It looks like it's part of a shopping complex and is not the prettiest of areas.

Check in was quick, efficient and the staff were lovely. Our room was a deluxe sea view room which (including breakfast) was well over £500. The room was large with a fantastic comfy bed. We had a brilliant two nights sleep.

The shower is large and hot with gorgeous Aran shower gel (although this is attached to the wall). One little gripe was the water didn't drain very quickly causing a very wet floor. This no way impacted the shower experience.

The balcony is open with your neighbours and just seperated by a planter. I feel this could be enhanced with trellis and taller planting to give each room a bit more privacy. It was still so lovely to sit and have a drink looking at the boats. That is a big plus point for this hotel.

Breakfast was fairly good. You get a continental selection and a choice of hot cooked breakfast. I had gorgeous eggs Benedict one day, the next day I chose the scrambled eggs with salmon. They were cold and watery, so not so good. My husband had a full English both days which he loved.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. I do think it's very expensive and not really very exclusive (which I was expecting). I think for the price the hotel could offer a bit more. There are no toiletries to take or any complimentary items in your room. It's a nice room, but not a wow room. However the staff were friendly.

Top tip, take the electrical train into the seafront and Uber it the rest as it's a good 45 mins walk to the centre.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank Carlota M

Dear Carlota,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us, we are so pleased that you found the room you were allocated to be most comfortable and you enjoyed the views that you had from your room.
We do hope to see you booking with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

Stayed with family in 2 rooms.

Check-In was easy. Nice friendly lady on reception.

Had lunch in the restaurant. Our waitress was helpful with the wine. And really friendly. Food was average. Not the best, but appreciate you can’t do too much with a fish finger wrap. My husband had the cod which he said was a bit dry.

Rooms are small and ended up walking into the desk. Shower was large, but floods the bathroom floor when running.

Also, not a great view from our room. We were woken up at 9am by building work outside our window. Not great when you have a few days off work and want a lay in.

Not sure I would stay again. Very expensive for what it is - half term week, so again prices have been increased from normal.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear ShelsterH,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us, we are pleased that you found our staff to be most helpful to you throughout your dining experience and hope to see you dining with us again in the near future,
We do apologize if you had some issues during your stay and hope you give us a second chance in the future to show you a better service.