1,586 results
All reviews roll top bath hdv brighton monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel wedding party sunday night sea front mini bar eggs benedict room rate following morning lovely room
Reviewed 6 January 2017

The staff at the hotel were great, the bar staff and the reception staff were all very welcoming and made us feel at home.
The room had it's high and low points - the bathroom was really lovely, great shower room and lovely deep bath, everything you need supplied.
The bedroom carpet was very brown, ugly and looked very old which was a shame, it really dated the room and the other things was the breakfast in bed option, it costs £15 - and includes a mere choice of a bowl of cornflakes or granola and a drink - erm - not sure how they can justify that in any universe so we skipped that haha
The other down point for me was that the bed was oddly shaped - nice and wide but also strangely short? I am 5'7 and couldn't stretch my legs .... it wasn't that comfy to be honest and for the cost of the room I was sad about that.
The room did have snacks and a fridge and some other useful things - but you had to pay for anything you had, fair enough I suppose - at least you had the option.
We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on that.
Lovely cocktails in the bar which is open all night to guests - we thought that was a nice touch. All in all it was a lovely hotel, well kept, clean and welcoming with a really nice atmosphere but there were just a few shortcomings which would put us off spending that much on a room there again.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

3 nights early in the new year - Brighton has fab sales shopping and so many choices for food and drinks. It was great to drop the shopping bags in the room, re-plug in the Nespresso, rehydrate with the complimentary sparkling water, put on some glad rags, and stop at the fantastic bar for a cocktail or fizz (delicious olives) (impeccable service), b4 heading out for dinner. Reception always greeted us pleasantly and dealt with the issues they could, promptly. Our room overlooked the audible going ons of Ship Street. Mr me used his ear plugs and eye shades, however, the marshmallow bed n duvet zoned me out enough to ignore sounds of clattering, banter, wretching or van deliveries in the narrow street 3 floors below...
Armed with eyeshades, earplugs and an extention cable to help combat the minor quibbles, I am happy to return...
And, yes, the bathroom was great!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hello-fruity
Management response:Responded 25 January 2017

Very happy you enjoyed your stay.
We are upgrading our windows in time for the spring, so if you want to come back, you know where wee are!

Regards

Ben Haynesv

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We paid £73 for a 1 night stay on a Sunday night deal and were allocated the Septima room. This is on the ground floor in the 2 level modern annex block on the far side of the entrance courtyard.

Our stay was lovely (except for issues below). The bath and shower were superb. We would definitely stay again but will take ear plugs next time.

The staff were very friendly and helpful at check in and check out. We didn't eat at the hotel, primarily because Brighton's full of superb eating places and we preferred to explore those.

Issues we had (most to least annoying):

NOISE: The Septima room (and presumably all rooms in the annex block) has terrible sound proofing. The windows are single glazed and there's a significant gap around the edges of the door that leads directly into the courtyard. If the door had seals around the sides and double glazing then this noise would have been less of an issue. There was also occasional creaking in the ceiling as the people in the above room walked around.

The courtyard (directly outside door) is open for dining until 22:30. There was heavy rain at night, so nobody was dining there but the loud sound of the rain coming down into the courtyard was the same level whether the door was open or closed. We were woken through the night as rowdy people returned from restaurants, nightclubs and then by people departing at 4am, 5am and so on. I think these people must have been smoking in the courtyard due to the length of time they kept talking and disturbing our sleep.

BED: this was two singles joined together. The mattress was very comfortable mattress but it mattresses split apart and the gap between them was very uncomfortable. The other issue is that the bed is only 6ft long - I had to lie diagonally or with bent knees due to the elevated headboard and footboard.

SOCKETS: there were no sockets on either side of the bed for charging phones. This is something I expect in any modern hotel - everyone has a mobile phone. There were no free sockets elsewhere in room - we had to unplug lamps and the Nespresso.

LIGHTING: in the bathroom there's only one light switch which turns on a set of bright spotlights - this is far too bright when lying in the bath. It would be nice if these were dimmable or if there was a separate light switch for a low level light.

Room Tip: take ear plugs, avoid annex block in courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017

After years of having wild New Year’s nights at home in London (and waking up feeling horrendous the next day) my fiancé and I decided to do something different and book a more relaxed night away to bring in the new year.

Hotel du Vin was exactly what we were looking for! The hotel feels really special and also lovely and cosy. We loved our sweet little room (Quinta do Portal) and like all the other commenters were wowed by the bathroom. My only (minor) complaint is that there are no full length mirrors in the room, and the two smaller mirrors that were there were behind a big sink and a big table. I am short sighted so putting on my new year make up was a bit of a nightmare as I tried to lean over the table! Sorry if this sounds really shallow but NY is a big night and I wanted to look nice!

We had an evening meal together at a lovely restaurant on the seafront but came back to the hotel bar at 11.30 to see in 2017. It was a total blast!!! There was a band, amazing bar staff so you never had to wait for a drink, and a really fun (if slightly wobbly) balloon drop at midnight. Our plan was to be in bed at 1am but we were having such a great time we finally were asleep at 3. So maybe not the relaxed evening we were after but utterly fabulous all the same!

We have immediately decided that a trip to a Hotel du vin will be a new year tradition for us. Next year - York!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 January 2017

Glad you had a great time... We'll work on the balloons for next NYE!

Look forward to seeing you again soon at Hotel du Vin.

Regards

Ben Haynes

Reviewed 2 January 2017

First up, we loved the location in central Brighton, close to the sea, the old quarter, and most of what the city has to offer. We were staying for a holiday treat the week before Christmas.

First impressions were also great - a lovely courtyard area, tasteful and buzzy bar - and we were very happy with our twin room with comfy beds and good bathroom (with the usual HdV smellies).

The only issue we had was with the restaurant. Despite having booked through the website specifically for the £19.95 three course set menu and carafe of wine to share, we were presented with a £39.95 Christmas menu and told we would be charged the set menu price - but we weren't. Don't get me wrong - the food was marvellous and the service was great, we enjoyed it. But they didn't honour the offer we had booked (and for which I have email confirmation of booking).

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends