1,594 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel wedding party sunday night sea front mini bar room rate eggs benedict following morning hotel bar lovely room
Reviewed 10 August 2016

stayed here recently whilst on business. Great really lovely room on 2n floor with bay windows and a view of the sea-just! lovely bathroom with rainfall shower REN products, lovely selection of teas and coffees -with fresh milk. Check in quick and efficient. Very pleasant guy carried bags to my room and explained everything.
Will be back.

Room Tip: away from front of hotel if noise of Brighton bothers you.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Shaz1Uk,

Thank you the for the great review and i'm glad you enjoyed the facilities in the room.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Three of us out celebrating our daughters graduation. Fab personal service and excellent food.
Nicely refitted Bistro now light and airy gives a good atmosphere.
All in all a faultless evening and we will certainly be going back.
Best give the waiters a tip in cash if you want them to get it all themselves.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear 1paulvj,

Congratulations on your Daughters graduation and thank you for the lovely comments.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Stayed for two nights as an anniversary present from my son and his wife - in a "superior" room "verve clicqot" on second floor that has with no lift - receptionist carried our case which was the first example of the courteous service we received during our stay. The room had a lovely king size bed that was very comfortable - the quilt however was extremely heavy. The room had usual tv mini bar etc but there was no chair to sit on possibly due to lack of floor space so difficult for my wife to do her make-up. The bathroom particularly the shower was excellent. A really nice touch was the provision of fresh milk for tea/coffee. We only had one dinner at the restaurant that was very enjoyable - I had the sole which I thoroughly enjoyed - service in restaurant and bar afterwards was pleasant and courteous

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear keithaldismiller,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, please let us know when if you going to stay again and we will provide you with suitable bedding.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We took a weekend break to this lovely little hotel centrally located in Brighton. There is no parking with the hotel but The Lanes car park is around the corner. The staff are all welcoming, polite and engaging, always ready to have a conversation. Our room was on the first floor off the balcony drinks and eating area, but they are very considerate of the noise levels. The room us beautiful, though a little small. It has all amenities and a huge bathroom with shower and bath. Room service is available, minibar is accessible and the room had iron and board as well as safe, hairdryer, coffee machine and kettle. The hotel is 4 star, and the decor and service represent this. It is expensive particularly in the holidays, but we felt it was worth it as we could have one dog with us (at £10 per day). They provide a blanket and two bowls as well.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear mbs1973,

Thank you for the kind comments and it's pleasing to see that you enjoyed our amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you and the 'pooch' soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

I stayed for one night for a birthday treat last Thursday. I really was not happy with the service I received. On arrival, we noted the complimentary wifi is so weak it is practically unusable. We also could not use the TV as there was no remote control. Having tried to call through to reception to ask if one could be brought over three times, we were resigned to getting no answer and instead thought we'd just mention it on our way out. When we returned, we were given our key without even a greeting at reception. The room still had no remote control so we went to ask again at reception. Upon enquiring, we were told by the gentleman at reception that he had heard us but had been too busy. Given we had left over an hour ago, this was surprising and we did not even receive an apology or even a quick I'm sorry. The following day, when checking out, there was a member of staff behind the desk with no other guests. I stood at the desk and was completely ignored until I asked her directly if she could serve me. I have emailed Hotel du Vin for their reply and, unsurprisingly, have heard nothing back. I certainly would not recommend any other guests to use this hotel and will not be staying in another Hotel du Vin any time soon.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpro501
Management response:Responded 3 August 2016

My front office manager has attempted to contact you, as we would like to resolve your issue.

I would be happy to talk personally, and I available at the Hotel, at you discretion.

Regards