All reviews parking opposite lovely hotel sea view perfect position top floor ensuite shower room overnight stay per day comfy bed midnight seafront
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This Hotel is in a perfect position with a good sea view. It's a very old building so has lots of quirky features sloping floors etc which actually made it nicer . The room (3) was excellent very large and the bed was very comfy. It is very clean throughout and the host was super friendly. Sadly this Hotel does not supply a breakfast and that's why only an average rating otherwise it would of got very good at least, I hope the lack of Breakfast does not make the Hotel suffer in the long term. The car parking is under the square garden but I would advise using just park as an option as it's £18 per day and I paid £34 for four days using just park. Would I stay here again yes I would for special occasions you can probably get a more cheaper but sterile option but this was perfect for us.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Great host but not really a hotel more of just a get your head down room. No breakfast or any options of meals. Great idea of the honesty basket in the rooms, for those midnight cheeky snacks. The view was great from the room, but parking an absolute nightmare, took us an hour just to park in the car park outside which is expensive £18 for 24 hours and we needed longer. Hotel was very clean. Top floor is a long way to go as no lifts so bear that in mind when booking this hotel. Very expensive for just the room that we got.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

This is advertised as a hotel however its just a guest house and no breakfast. Room was clean but dated. Location is good but over priced for what you get. Disappointed

The owner is friendly and properties in the area seem similar standard but certainly was expecting a lot more.

Surely to be a hotel breakfast should be available, a bar and more facilities.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank 71adamg
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This was the third hotel I have tried in Brighton in the last 2 months. I am afraid this did not compare well to the others, especially for the price charged. The positives are that the owner was friendly and helpful, it is in a fairly good location and close to the seafront with secure public car park nearby. On the negative side the decor and furnishings are dated and in the case of my single room, a bit shabby. The wallpaper was peeling, the shelf next to the bed was coming away from the wall meaning a glass of water slid off, the laminate floor was lifting and the ensuite shower room was overlooked by flats with no blinds or frosted glass. I am reluctant to be so critical but for the rate charged, this hotel was not up to expectations and needs updating.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MammaCatten
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I sent an email making a query about my booking and got no reply, even though it could have been a two letter reply of "no". Not what you expect from a hotel, unless they feel they don`t need repeat business.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo