All reviews l'occitane toiletries regency secure parking spa bath boutique hotel comfy bed full english on arrival quiet street lovely touch top floor sea front lovely room little touches a stones throw breakfast was excellent single room perfect stay
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Only a 20 minute stroll from the station and seconds from the beach this B&B's location is perfect as was the warm and friendly greeting we were given upon our arrival. The room was clean and presented everything we needed for a nights stay, the bed was very comfortable and there was complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee in the room, there was also a "snack" bowl of crisps, chocolate and sweets which was a really nice touch. Breakfast was excellent, good quality sausage and bacon as well as perfectly cooked fresh eggs. We won't hesitate in staying here the next time we're in Brighton and have already recommended too friends. Well done guys and hope to see you again very soon.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

My daughter and I had such a wonderful time at this delightful boutique hotel that we ended up staying an extra night, at what I felt was a very reasonable rate.

We loved the location, the quirky ambiance, the super toiletries, soft, warm beds - and the daily supply of sweets and crisps for hungry holidaymakers!

The breakfasts were second-to-none in terms of quantity, quality and selection and Lola could not possibly have been more helpful and kind. She's incredibly passionate about Brighton, which made the whole experience even better still, as she knows it inside out and generously shared her wisdom.

With travel a big part of my work, I've stayed at some pretty amazing places, but few could beat the genuine warmth and welcome at The Oriental - right at the beginning of a very chilly January. We will be back, for sure.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the oriental for just one night but had a lovely time. The owner was super friendly and we felt very welcome with our dog (there were lots of helpful dog tips in the welcome folder which was great!) we will definitely be back :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolinedulko
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Just stayed here for one night, a birthday treat and look around Brighton, the hotel has a lovely character with lots of local art and brick-a-bracks to catch your eye
Rooms were clean and with nice linen, toiletries and complementary chocolates etc. we had a room (3) facing towards the back which was nice and quiet.
Breakfast was between 8-9:30, freshly cooked and plentiful.
Nothing to much trouble throughout our stay we were looked after and felt welcomed.
But what puts the Oriental above the rest is Lola and the staff, thankyou :-)

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a one nights break in the superior double with balcony for my mum's birthday and I couldn't have been happier staying at the oriental! Lola and Luna gave us such a wonderful welcome followed but a complementary drink and some lovely cake! The oriental has a warm homely feel yet a getaway once you step into the room. Ideally situated close to the sea, shops and many restaurants I highly recommend casalingo! Throughout the guest house is tastefully decorated, the room was bright and spacious with a sea view from the balcony, comfortable bed and many other luxuries and goodies!! Spa bath was a real treat. We had a peaceful nights sleep, in the morning a very yummy breakfast with a great selection of items to choose from . I am really looking forward to coming back already looking to book in June! Thank you Lola for being a fantastic host.

Trip type: Travelled with family