3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$182
Hotels.comUS$183
TravelocityUS$183
4,353 results
All reviews sea view sea front car park lovely hotel noisy at night would stay again third floor brighton seafront short break a lovely stay lovely room stayed for one night full english pier pavilion
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2022

A group of us stayed at the old ship the middle of march for my sisters long awaited hen do, we also had afternoon tea on the Sunday, the afternoon tea and the stay was lovely.the breakfast Sunday morning was nice produce and a great selection. But what really made our stay was Antonio, he was wonderful, nothing was too much trouble for him. He was happy and friendly and it was a real joy to be in his presence. Thank you very much ! We will be returning if only to see Antonio again !

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jason Bramwell, General Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Dear Lauren
Thank you also for your lovely comments about Antonio . I am very proud of the whole team here and when a guest takes the time to particularly mention how a team member has looked after them, I know my pride is well justified. I will make sure that Alice is given a special mention in our internal news and included in the nominations for Team Member of the Month.

Reviewed 20 April 2022

Yes its old and yes it needs quite a bit of maintenance, but that is what is so good about this place, its like going back in time. Not everywhere is sterile and pretending to be something it is not. Cleanliness, comfortable bed, sea view and friendly staff and the location, make our stay here. That is why we keep coming back.

Thank you all.

1  Thank eggybreadUk
Jason Bramwell, General Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2022

I am so pleased to hear this was a return visit to us here at The Old Ship. To know that you have chosen to come back to us and enjoyed your stay once again is joyous to hear. I will be sure to pass your comments to the team. They work very hard, and I know they will be happy to hear it is appreciated.

Reviewed 18 April 2022

People rating this hotel over two stars must have stayed in a different room, room 102 needed a good clean and some maintenance. The furnishings and fittings were dated, which would have been fine if it was clean and well kept.

The towels, bedding and sides seemed clean to a fair standard. However, the taps and showers have bad lime scale and are water stained and the tiles in the bathroom were really dusty.

The carpet had big bald patches, the tiles were cracked, the paint and plaster is cracked and peeling. The lock on the toilet door was missing and the hole was blocked up with toilet roll.

The room was very run down, and nowhere near a 4* standard.

1  Thank lucyjL6703NW
Jason Bramwell, General Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2022

I am sorry to hear that your bedroom was not the standard you expected. As you will have seen, The Old Ship is a traditional hotel with parts that herald back hundreds of years. As much as we try to stay ahead of any issues, inevitably we are caught out occasionally. Please be assured that I have noted your comments and will be ensuring they are addressed by the Housekeeper Manager as quickly as possible. All I hope is that this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed 16 April 2022 via mobile

Despite looking a bit tired in places our two night stay was very pleasant during the marathon. Breakfast usual self service fare but hot and refreshed regularly. Bar closed at 11 which seemed odd but cocktails very good. Our fourth floor room had side sea views and was comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of The Old Ship. As the oldest hotel in the city, the Old Ship has been proudly welcoming guests for hundreds of years and, as the current General Manager, it is of great joy to me to read a review such as yours. My team and I appreciate you had a great many hotels to choose to stay at and that you stayed with us and enjoyed your experience is a pleasure to hear.

Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

Fabulous location with a seating area for drinks on the front and view of the pier, and simple to cross the road for walks along the beach.
Great staff and service with a buffet breakfast of all the usual hot items and toast, cereal etc. My only complaints being the pile of bacon so nothing is remotely crispy (a personal taste) and the scrambled eggs could be hotter.
We paid extra for a superior room with a sea view and yes it’s noisy from the street at night but you have to expect that in a lively town on a main tourist thoroughfare.
As others have said, the furniture and decor is a bit jaded but perfectly serviceable - this is a large old hotel and not boutique if that’s what you’re after. Both of us found the bed and pillows very comfortable. The overhead fan is necessary, keep the effective blackout curtains drawn if you’re out of the room as being south facing it does get very hot and the windows don’t open far for safety reasons.
Enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

Room tip: Use the adjacent Lanes car park if the hotel’s one is full but be warned this also gets extremely busy.
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jason Bramwell, General Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2022

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is such a pleasure to receive this kind of positive feedback and I will be happily sharing your review with the whole team, whom I am sure will be as happy to hear it as I was. We live in every changing times so to find that good traditional hospitality is still appreciated and welcomed in a modern world is an absolute joy to learn.