All reviewsregency squareair cona multi storey car parkrooms are spacioustea making facilitiesperfect locationgreat showernice roomcomfy bedshower roomlovely hotelvisiting brightonnoisepierflooringsimondryer
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Ok, we had a great time in Brighton. Topps is in a brilliant location. So close to everything yet just outside the chaos and noise zone.

Staff were great on check in but didn't really have a reason to speak to them after that. All was good with the staff.

Price was good for the area and the room was nice. The room was a decent size, not massive but it's Brighton.

HOWEVER......the one thing that grinds my gears when it comes to hotels is not having a sofa in the room. Topps had a small table and two chairs in the window. I suppose normal people might prefer that, looking out onto the gardens out front. But not me. I want a sofa I can slob out on while the gf is taking up the whole bed lying sideways.

Seriously though, lovely little hotel. Will return.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thatfatguywhotravels
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here in a triple room and it was really nice. It can sometimes get noisy due to workmen outside, we let the staff know and they shrugged it off and didn't seem to care or understand.

The staff don't really go above and beyond to make your stay special like some other hotels do either. That said, while the rooms are basic, they've very clean and comfortable! The showers are amazing too and the location is ideal if you're wanting to explore Brighton & Hove.

I'd stay here again depending on the price they could offer. If price was similar to other bigger hotels then I would rather stay at a proper hotel instead though.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Very cozy and the staff is friendly and helpful. The location is perfect and the beach is a storm throw away from the hotel. The wifi is stable and is ultra fast. The room is not that pricey and is totally worth it given satisfaction it provides. I have stay for three nights and it have perfected my trip to Brighton.
One of the downside is that is does not come with a complimentary breakfast, but there are a lot of restaurant surrounding the hotel therefore having breakfast,brunch, lunch and dinner is no problem.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Loved this little hotel. I had a problem when I realised a few days before that my booking had been cancelled ( problem my end with bank) , one phone call to the hotel manager and he sorted everything out and reinstated our booking.
We spent two nights here. We had a ground floor room which was small but perfectly adequate for our stay. Air conditioning and tea and coffee making facilities were a nice surprise. The room was spotless and had everything we needed. Decor was lovely. We had no outside view from our room but being as we were only sleeping in there and popping back for a shower and change of clothes it really didn't matter.
Location was fantastic. View of the new BA 360 from the doorstep, 2 minutes walk to this and the beach. Everything was within walking distance...the lanes, restaurants, bars/pubs, pier, Hove. Shame the hotel doesn't serve breakfast but I understand they may well do in the future, however great cafe on the corner at the end of the road and loads more near by. Great , friendly staff but also not intrusive, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela Y
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel itself is nice for a short stay. Ideal location in Brighton. Good enough during our short stay. However, we enquired a few days before to change the date of our booking and one of the staff members was incredibly rude and aggressive on the phone, despite the fact we had only called up to enquire. Had I not already put a deposit down I would have gone elsewhere as his behaviour and tone was frankly appalling. I would not stay again based on this alone.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie A
ToppsBrighton, Manager at Topps, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

This review is factually incorrect. Our records showed that the reviewer first called Topps at 20.56, the evening prior to her original booking, not a few days before the day of arrival. Two further calls followed that evening because the reviewer could not made up her mind whether to keep or change her reservation. She finally cancelled the reservation a few minutes before noon on the day of arrival and got a room on the following day at no extra charge.

Our staff was incredibly rude and aggressive? It can't be further from the truth.