Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton
The Grand Brighton(Brighton)
US$159
  • Beachfront
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$126
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Restaurant
A Room With A View(Brighton)
US$178
US$172
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$277
US$266
Agoda.com
Hotel Pelirocco(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$215
  • Beachfront
Kipps Backpackers Hostel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$304
Cancelon
  • Pool
3,163 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When booking online you will notice there is nothing to tell you what rooms are available all there is is a request box which means nothing because if you don't get there by 3 o'clock you will end up with a basement room with a view of a brick wall and no phone signal because it seems to be done on a first come first serve basis. They will tell you that it is just a request when you book it doesn't mean your going to get it. we argued s bit with person at desk and they suddenly find a first floor room and the phone number for the hotel is a preimiam rate number.when I asked for a bucket of ice to take to my room they wanted to charge me £2 because I didn't get the drinks in the hotel rip off.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank seanpalace
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Like a mix of Fawlty tours does misery. To be fair I just needed an emergency place to sleep but avoid the basement - windowless rooms with very little to feel good about.
To be fair the hotel is in an amazing location, so if someone bought it and upgraded it could be a stunner - but good luck to whoever takes that project on!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Darren W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in room 41 which, by their own admission, "is in the basement" so I thought I'd be sleeping in the boiler room or something. Check in was very slow, complaint by another guest was being discussed in the reception area with the duty manager which made it a little more interesting for me. I had to sit down on the nice chairs as my ankle was hurting so when someone new joined the queue it was needed to advise that I had a certain queue position.

Sandra did check in and gave me lots of bits of paper to hold on to, I was quite tired having travelled all day so its only when I got to my room that I realised none of these things she'd given me could open the door so I had to go back and it seems I dropped the key card whilst trying to carry my bag, the papers she gave me etc.

Room nice, basic, wouldn't take my mother there though. Minor repairs need doing in the room, the shower is a bit odd as to have a shower the bath tap must be running as well, its possible to have bath without shower on but not other way round.

The window looks out on to the local strip club and National Express parking bays, this is beyond the hotels control but something that folk will probably not appreciate.

Breakfast was a real chore as the staff couldn't understand that 'room forty one' wasn't 'room four two one, four one two' but actually 'forty one'...really not sure how or why this was an issue but the second and last day I was there I even did hand signals to show them my room number and in the end the waitress couldn't find me so waved me in to get my breakfast without checking me off??

Two of the waiters arguing in the middle of the restaurant made staying here a little more interesting, when one stormed off and the other charged after him I did think it'd end up getting physical.

Card payment is accepted at the bar on a min spend of £5.00, bar staff really nice and friendly and seemed to enjoy accommodating people and their needs which was nice to see. The alcohol is hit and miss, lager seems flat with some and not with others, I had two pints, one bad and one good so unsure what the issue is?

The lift has a mind of its own, if its above the floor where the reception desk is and you want to travel from the basement to a the reception desk floor the lift can be called but will stop at the reception desk floor until you call it again. Not a major issue but quite confusing.

No list of floors in the lift so I had a good run up and down in the lift trying to figure out which floor was which.

Breakfast food was really nice but the plates were really small. Its a plate the size you might have a bun on and certainly not for hot food.

If you want things a bit rough round the edges then this is perfect, I'd be 60/40 against staying here again. Sorry folks.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PaddyJCawkwell
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Effectively the only good thing about the hotel is the location which is perfect for exploring and being near anything. There is also a bar there which can be handy before going out. Those are the only things that stop it being 1 star

To be honest, if this hotel was only 60-70 quid then there isn't anything to complain about. But it's dated...the rooms are small and uncomfortable and hot water runs out easily. The fact it is priced at almost 5 star prices makes it abysmal value for money

But hey...it's brighton and on the weekend in summer it's nigh on impossible to get a good value hotel room. Therefore this place will keep being busy and keep getting custom

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I totally got that the hotel was right on the seafront next to the pier which was perfect, however staying in a hotel that is falling down, a room with a TV that stops working every 5 minutes, a bed that is shockingly poor and heating that is not optional and you are sweating buckets at 1 am in the morning. They gave us another duvet to try and make the springs a little less harsh in the back, but no other rooms so we had to stay in this poor excuse for a hotel. Looks like a little investment is needed which giving it being a big hotel is not forthcoming. We have complained and will see what happens, but I would strongly suggest staying elsewhere. My neck is still hurting, but Brighton is fantastic, myself and the Mrs had a cracking day, just sorry we booked this hotel, it makes Premier Inn look 6* and costs a lot less!!!

Room Tip: One with no heating!!! as you cant stop it coming on
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple