1,237 results
All reviews cocktail shack quirky hotel regency square roberts radio tiny arty sea view local artists west pier old west breakfast was included basement room bigger room tea and coffee full english comfy bed mini bar top floor
Reviewed 24 February 2016

We stopped here for a family wedding and took 5 rooms. One was a family room overlooking the sea and was just the ticket. The wedding couple had a similar sized room 'bigger sea view' with a roll top bath and again, the great view. We and the other parents each had a 'tiny seaview' which was perfect for the one night and the fifth room was a 'cosy double'. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and really helped to make our stay and the occasion very special for us all. The decor in the rooms and throughout the hotel echoes the quirky nature of this place and the food and drinks are great against a price point which we thought was spot on. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Excellent website to help make an informed decission for the room you want.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ArtistResidenceHotel, Front Office Manager at Artist Residence Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Hi Magnahasty,

Thank you for finding time to review your time spent with us, I'm really glad you and the rest of the wedding party had a great time with us. I'm ever so glad that the staff treated you so well as well as the Food and drinks you had with us.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

We (two families) spent last Wednesday night in Brighton at this wonderful hotel ! My daughter and I stayed in the attic room, Room 27, with fabulous views out to the old pier and the i360 and wonderful in all ways. My sister and two boys stayed in Room 4 which was not as lovely and with no views, but clean and fine! Though little Dan did say his bed was very hard!

We were welcomed warmly by Mel and all and breakfast was delicious and served in a delightful room. We did not have supper in on the Wed but next time we will. Everyone locally raves about it!

Thank you for a lovely stay. I can't wait to come back!

Room tip: Room 27 on Level 4, wonderful views and comfortable room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ArtistResidenceHotel, Front Office Manager at Artist Residence Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Hi emmacave,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel during your stay, I'm glad you and your party had such great time in Brighton. Mel will delighted to know that you have personally mentioned her in your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

I worked at the artist residence in Brighton last summer and I wish I could stay more. All the staff was adorable, professional and very intentioned. It was a pleasure to come to work and I think and hope that the customers could feel it!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2016

This hotel was perfect for a young couple, wanting to escape the busy London life for a few nights. It had an instance warm and welcoming feel 9possible due to the bright pink door!), with all the little touches making it perfect. We visited during valentines weekend, arrived on the Friday afternoon until Sunday. Even though check in wasn't until 3pm, we were welcomed and offered to leave out bags with them until we come back to our rooms. When we later returned, staff took us through the fantastically decorated hotel, through the 'lounge', introduced us the cocktail bar staff, and pointed out the basement ping pong table room. We were taken up to our room, which was superb. It was going to be a surprise as to which of the fabulously decorated rooms we would get, and yet this one was just so 'us'. Simple, yet comfortable. Though we had no sea view, the room made up for it. As mentioned, the little touches- as we came into our room, the Roberts radio was playing an unknown station called Smile, which we are now hocked on. The complimentary tea and caramel biscuit was a great touch for two tea lovers. The bed was exceptionally comfy, the room was clean, and the bathroom was just right (the best shower. ever.) Even the lemon smelling soap was great.
For our first weekend away as a couple, the hotel was perfect. Reasonable priced, getting an even better treat of complimentary breakfast! Though we didn't have time to try out the restaurant, the cocktail bar was a brilliant touch to a night in playing ping pong and chilling on wicker chairs in the lounge.
The music, lighting and of course the constant art work around the hotel made you realise that you were some where that had culture and quirkiness.
Location was brilliant, a good walk from the station, the centre of town and of course the pier.
I would say, it is such a shame this new viewing tower is now situated directly opposite as some how ruins the original location on the square.
Also, just due to the location of our room, being above the bar, it was a little noisy in the evening but nothing worth complaining about.
I would love to come and visit again in the summer, and hope for some outdoor space to enjoy the sunshine during a cocktail or two.
Thank you again for Artist Residence for a great retreat.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Joanna T,

Thank you ever so much for this outstanding review of the hotel, I think your review sums up the perfect experience we try and create for our guests. I'm so glad you pointed all the little details we have across the hotel to make things extra special for everyone.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Had a fabulous week-end at the Artist Residence, lovely room with seaview, from the time we arrive and left the staff were outstanding could not do enough for us. We loved the Cocktail Shack and highly recommend a visit to the hotel and Shack.

Hi 788Sandra,

Many thanks for finding time to write a review for your stay with us. I'm pleased you found our staff outstanding, I will tell Max our bar manager that you loved the Shack!

We hope to see you in the near future.

James, Mel & Rachel and all the AR team