“Couldn’t wait to leave”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Get food delivered
Ranked #449 of 1,199 Restaurants in Brighton
Description: Welcome to the Brighton Fridays! Along with mouth watering food and tempting drinks, we bring fun, friendliness and an extra large helping of good vibes to the table. It's what makes every day seem like Friday. From our signature loaded skins to our legendary Jack Daniels sauce, we take real American flavours and make them different. These undeniably tasty and original flavours are at the heart of everything we do, and our unique and extensive menu is exactly why you might call us the home of the daredevil. What are Fridays all about? Celebration and fun, of course! And with our tempting food, dreamy cocktails and infectious buzz, we've got all the ingredients for fun right here. Join us any day of the week and we guarantee that you will get the full Fridays experience!
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

The server got our order wrong when reading it back to us and then we still proceeded to receive a dish we didn’t order and had to send back. The drinks took ages even though the place was not busy, the man at the bar was too busy throwing bottles in the air to open some j20s. The J20s were not shaken before they were opened so there was a thick fruit pulp settled in the bottom. No cutlery when our food arrived so I had to ask - it then took ages for it to be bought over while we all stared at our food. Portion sizes were also very small and the food was mediocre in taste. The toilet was filthy and the toilet seat wasn’t even attached to the toilet. There was a staff member cleaning tables and taking plates away - I don’t want to cause any offence but she was so miserable I honestly felt depressed when she came near us. A staff member also told a customer off for using the one way system wrong (fair enough - covid safety) which she then proceeded to walk the wrong way herself the whole time we were there. There was no way I was going to order dessert, £90 for a horrible evening. I did leave a 10% tip for our server as he was polite enough but didn’t bother asking for a discount as I just wanted to leave as soon as possible. Also there is only one entrance/exit so when I had to ask people checking in if I could please get past to exit they looked at me like I’d just insulted them. I didn’t feel like waiting for them to be finished chatting to the staff member they were clearly friends with before I could leave.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (416)

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

Went as a treat for my partners granddaughters birthday treat was sat next to the griddles while most of the restaurant was empty , waited ages for service and our drinks .strange as it was only a third full, food turned up was as dry as a postman’s foot on dole check day . Not taste didn’t get any kids activity packs, no special treat as I had mention on my reservation for the little ones birthday couldn’t wait to get out of there in the end .won’t be going back and only one of the staff put a bit of effort in the rest we’re busy on there mobiles or chatting to there friends that had came in for a chat .

Date of visit: May 2021
Fridays UK, Marketing at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Hi, we're sorry to see that you were unhappy with your recent visit to our Brighton Marina restaurant. If you head to https://www.tgifridays.co.uk/get-in-touch/ and select 'Send a Message' a member of our team will review your feedback and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

I visited over the weekend with my son.
To say the place was struggling is a slight understatement, many things they were out of stock and they were obviously very short staffed.
Once our food arrived, eventually, it was very delicious.
At the end, we managed to have a good chat with our server, who had kindly sorted a discount for the long wait we had had.
I have to say, the service we received from Douglas could not be faulted, he was kind, informative and very understanding when I got a little frustrated.
When I asked what the problem was he talked me through, in detail the issues, and now I understand why they were facing so many things, I have nothing but respect for the staff. I heard our server being treated so disgustingly by other tables that honestly, how he kept his composure I have no idea. So, thank you, Douglas and the rest of the staff at TGIs that day for pushing through and supplying a nice meal and a smile in these strange times we live in.
I’ll be back, as soon as the demand for eating out has calmed down a bit.

Reviewed 1 June 2021

OK, I didn't expect too much due to covid etc..but was really disappointed here as visited many times before. Yes, service is very (very) slow, but not blaming the waiter as just reduced staff and many tables to serve. Yes, also they have very limited choice, but understand this. What really was bad is the actual sizes of the meal which must be an HQ directive? I have had many burgers here in the past and always a decent size, it seems now they just put the prices up a lot and reduce massively the portions on food? I was amazed to see the burger, really small, no joking like a big mac with just one patty in it! Desert was also really small, like child portion, I had the brownie and it was wafer thin with small dollop of ice cream. Left hungry and came home and made myself a sandwich!! £45 poorer for 2 burger meals and.chiclen strip starter. Next time will stick to McD :-) at least don't leave hungry hahahaha

Date of visit: May 2021
Fridays UK, Marketing at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Hi, thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your visit. At Fridays we strive to have the best possible standards - if ever there is an issue during your visit, please make a member of our team aware at the time and they will be happy to resolve the issue there and then.

Thank you once again for your feedback – it is only through this that we are able to continue improving and offering the service that Fridays is famous for. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

We booked a table with no problem and arrived at 5:30 pm Sunday. The tables are well spaced and sanitized and the staff wear masks. The menu, which is a reduce selection, is on a smart phone only and thus no other option. Why cannot they have a printed laminated sheet that can me sanitized after use - not everybody has a smart phone. After selecting what you wanted you had to remember every detail as it was not a means of ordering this was still done by the waiter asking you and then saying what they didn't have. We wanted steak - they had run out of all steak dishes. There was limited chicken option and some of them and sides were not available. The waiter was doing his best, but the system was flawed - not planned well enough for a bank holiday with good weather. The starter finally turned up 1 hour later and as we were only given1 hour 40 minutes for our booking, we said this was not good enough - he extended it. The main course turned up just before 7 pm. By the time we had got through this we had no time for dessert.

Date of visit: May 2021

We have liaised closely with our dedicated Primary Authority whilst developing our COVID-19 safety management system. A paper menu should be available upon request where needed, apologies this wasn't made available to you.