All reviews swimming pool night porter three star good size pleasant hotel stayed one night family room town centre comfortable stay gold hill bar and restaurant lovely room breakfast was excellent biscuits yogurt wedding sauna
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stopped for lunch here as they held the blood donor session in the hotel and my husband's appointment was early afternoon. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I had a vegetarian risotto which was a creamy one which was very good.
My daughter had the same but asked for a chicken portion to go with it. They obliged.
My husband had sausage and mash, gravy and a portion of peas which we all shared.
My only suggestion would be to add some garnish or a few green veg to the risotto as it looked bland.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the Hotel. Staff are very helpful and polite.
The room allocated was large and had plenty of space with an en suite.
Kettle with tea, coffee, Biscuits etc in the room.
Comfortable bed.
Tolietries in the Bathroom.
Nice large towels.
Breakfast was nice. Plenty of choice too on the menu.
There is a swimming pool in the Hotel for Guests to use, which is also open to non residents.
No complaints about the Hotel.
There was a portable fan in the room as it was a very warm day/night when we stayed. We put the fan on all night as even with the Windows open it was warm.
Ironing board/iron/hairdryer in the room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This was a good hotel, the staff were fine, there were workmen throughout the place during the day and the car park seemed full of workmanship vans, however when inside you would hardly know they were there, and it was a clear sign of a commitment to keep the place in very good order, and in that they succeeded. Great room with easy access to grounds which were a plant place to sit for an hour. Fortunately we had a couple of stairs in our car otherwise there was nowhere to sit and enjoy the garden. Restaurant was fine and we stayed in for dinner. The waiter service was very good, prompt, polite and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly, attentive staff. Nice setting and function rooms. Clean and big rooms. Pool area ok but could do with an update.
Breakfast was good. No air con though in hot weather was a downside. Good pub opposite.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

If I had spent £65 on my room I wouldn't feel so negative about my stay. At £95 it's completely over priced.

The whole hotel is dated and scruffy. There was some work going on so maybe upgrading works are in progress.

The bathroom was very old and needs ripping out. There was a nasty, mouldy shower curtain around the bath with the most useless shower known to woman.

The room was boiling hot, I slept with the window open but that made no odds. There's no air con.

The food at breakfast was the only saving grace, lovely toast and the scrambled egg was delicious. The service was poor, the waitress was completely over worked and under supported. The coffee pot was a million years old and I ended up with more coffee on the table than in the cup.

Unless you can book this place for £65 or less I would give it a miss.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo