“A little rushed, good carvery”
Review of The Sun Inn

The Sun Inn
Ranked #22 of 143 Restaurants in Dorchester
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned Free House serving up traditional pub fare, 7 days a week carvery, daily specials, extensive wine list, real ales, open fires, beer garden, car parking... Food served all day Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Lunch and Dinner Monday -Thursday.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Came here as a surprise 70th for my Uncle, there was 14 of us, including little uns. All but myself had the carvery, and to be fair it looked great. I had a roast potatoe off my husbands plate and they were the best I've had for many years. I had steak pie. It was OK, had quite an over powering wine taste and the meat though tender was quite fatty. My main disappointment was we only had a limited window of time at the table, and though I appreciate for the purposes of business they want as many in as possible, we were 14, and I felt we were rushed at the end with staff hovering over us to finish and leave.

2  Thank Dawn Elisabeth A

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit to the Sun and the carvery was up to its normal high standard. The meat was tender and well cooked and the vegetables a delicious complement to a very satisfying meal.

The atmosphere made for easy conversation around the table and we were easily tempted to try one of their delicious desserts.

Don’t miss visiting the Sun Inn!

4  Thank James B
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Very impressed with the atmosphere and attentive staff
Could not help seeing how welcoming they are to regulars and casual customers
The food although not experienced looked lovely and certainly was very tempting
Nice range of ale and other beers
Ill be back

2  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here on way back from a long road trip. Staff were excellent and the food was fantastic. The burgers were amazing!
Lovely pub

2  Thank Mrf1oyd
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! The carvery at this pub is delicious. We were squeezed in, as we booked so late that morning and knew we only had 1.5 hours for our party to eat. At no point were we rushed and the service was amazing. We all enjoyed our lunch. I had the nut roast, which was the best I've ever had. The roast potatoes were crunchy and tasty. The meal was so good that I am looking forward to our next visit, even though we live miles away.
Highly recommended.