“Best Jalfrezi ever!”
Review of Rajpoot Restaurant

Rajpoot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rajpoot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 143 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took advantage of our Gourmet Society card to dine here and how lucky we were.

The food was simply delicious. The Chicken Jalfrezi was to die for. The chicken itself was so moist and the flavours in the curry were yummy.

It was the best curry I have ever eaten (and I've had a few!).

1  Thank CharlieWokingham

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We have eaten here before and been well pleased, but on our last visit both main dishes were much too highly spiced and so not enjoyable at all. A friend tells us that usually the food here is, if anything, spiced rather lightly, but it was not so for us. Disappointing.

1  Thank AlbertfromDorset
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Like many Indian restaurants the Rajput does overcharge for their drinks however I normally fill up on tap water as I can’t handle spicy foods!!
The food makes up for this, our table had chicken tilka masala and lamb bhuna, both really tasty and good quality. Good portion sizes and reasonably priced. Great atmosphere for catching up with friends and good service from the waiting staff. Will definitely return when my mouth recovers from the spices!!

1  Thank Kate G
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Very poor experience this evening. I rang the restaurant to make a booking for myself my wife and my 2 year old baby. We arrived on time and was asked to wait in the reception area, no problems so far. The waiter then took us to our table which was squeezed in a corner inbetween another table and the window. He brought over a high chair and tried to squeeze it between the table and the chair of another customer. Do you really think I’m going to let my child be squashed up against someone else’s chair ? I advised the waiter there isn’t enough room and asked to be moved, which he wasn’t happy about and was very abrupt. He did move us to another table and when I asked if we could have a high chair he said “no you can’t no room here” and that my child would have to sit on a normal chair. So I asked if he could move the normal chair and replace it with the high chair. “ I don’t know I’ll see what I can do “ was his response. At this stage I thought to myself if they can’t accommodate the booking iv made and are finding it difficult to sort a high chair out I’d dread to think what the food will be like. We left and went elsewhere. Very poor customer service, very arrogant and abrupt. It felt as though my child was an inconvenience to him and it was too much effort for him to bring a high chair down the restaurant and that he feels it’s acceptable to be telling customers oh no we can’t do a high chair on this side of the restaurant as there’s no room and she’ll just have to sit on a normal chair. When in fact all you have to do is move the normal chair and replace it with the high chair as any reputable establishment does throughout the country.

4  Thank Mrgahi
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and atmosphere despite being Valentine's Day. Restaurant decorated with heart shaped balloons and there was a special valentine menu which included rose and glass of champagne. Food beautifully presented and delicious.

1  Thank Bev W