“Bad”

Ranked #52 of 792 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$21 - US$82
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We know steak. We're all about our juicy meats, that's not to say we don't have vegetarian options too, but meat is kind of our thing. We source all of our meat from a local butcher and order our fresh produce on a daily basis. Our motto: less pretense, more food! The Griller is for life, not just for Christmas and we can cater to all different kinds of occasions... birthdays, stag do's, business dinners, date night — whatever your event, we're cooking!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Steak was cold, saw on the screen the man handled raw chicken then touched steak-after we ate. Found a long hair in my dinner. I was very ill after eating my meal which ruined my holiday In Bournemouth. The waitress took off the price of one meal however was still costly for dinner which resulted in me having food poisoning. Won’t be returning.

Date of visit: August 2021
The Funki Team, Owner at Funki Griller, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Elliemayhannah100,

Thank you for your review, and sorry to read that you had a poor experience finding a long hair in your meal and your steak to be cold, especially as this is your first ever trip advisor review!

Obviously this is not acceptable and both of these complaints, if genuine, should have been handled, and meals exchanged by the front of house team long before the time came to pay the bill.

All of our kitchen team are trained to a minimum of Level 2 Food Safety, therefore we take your alleged food poisoning very seriously and invite you to get in contact with us on email so that chef can fully investigate.

The Funki Team

Write a reviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 22 August 2021

Excellent evening and experience!!. What a great warm welcome from the hostess and staff were tentative and friendly. Fillet steak was melt in the mouth with a beautiful peppercorn sauce. My wife enjoyed the New York strip Sirloin with a side of fries and blue cheese source which was off the scale!!. We finished the evening with some funky cocktails all served by the beautiful waitress Brooke. We will definitely be going back. See ya'll again soon

Hi mattrG4759HF,

Thanks for your lovely review, great to read that you enjoyed your steaks, sauces and cocktails, and of course the service of our beautiful Brooke!

See you soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2021

A restaurant that specialises in steak should be able to cook them as requested and they managed that with us. My rare ribeye was seared nicely on the outside and perfectly pink in the middle and my friends T-bone was unfortunately cremated as he’d requested. The sides that came with it were nice and worked well with the steak.

My only slight issues was my starter, 3 really tasty but tiny pieces of pork belly for £8.50 seemed a bit steep. Overall though I’d certainly go back and would be happy to suggest it to others.

Hi Rob W,

Thanks for your kind words following your meal with us, Hopefully you will return again soon so that we can try for that elusive 5th star!

x

Reviewed 21 August 2021

I don’t usually leave reviews but felt I would as we had such a fabulous evening and thought that I would share our experience. We visited funki griller last night with 10 of our friends.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely host who was super friendly and made us feel very welcome.
We had an exceptional meal from start to finish, the scallops were second to none and the rib eye steak was the best I’ve had in a long while . I could not fault the service the waitress was very tentative and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great evening.
I would throughly recommend this restaurant and can’t wait to go back .

Hi Traveler653712,

Thank you for leaving this wonderful review! Awesome to read that your group enjoyed the visit and enjoyed the meal and service.

Come again soon for more of the same!

Reviewed 21 August 2021

We had the two steaks for £30 on a Thursday (think it's available Sun-Thurs) Food was delicious and service very good :-)

Dear mandy l,

Thank you for your short but very sweet review. You are absolutely correct, our 2 x 10oz Ribeye/Sirloin and chips for £30 deal runs Sunday to Thursday, hope to see you again soon for some midweek munching!

x