1,438 results
All reviews sea view sister hotel on arrival lovely hotel outdoor pool sea front cream tea visited this hotel evening meal pleasant stay air show afternoon tea leisure facilities family room restaurant staff town centre lovely room
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel along the coast not far from the beach
It's a bit of a walk from the town but with a lovely outlook if you have a sea facing room
The drinks in the bar were a bit of a shock but I guess that's what all the hotels along the road are like

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank chrisian_two
Paul C, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thankyou for your review chrisian_two, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the centre of the town so is just far enough away to get away from the hussle and bussle of the centre. We are actually one of the cheaper 4 star hotels in the town when it comes to bar pricing which we do monitor monthly. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards Paul Critchley Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2016

The Location is Fantastic. Such Beautiful Views! Parts of the Hotel are a little dated and could do with a refurbishment and our bathroom wasn't fantastic but in General we had a very pleasant stay, Although we were slightly confused by the fact we booked a double room and it was basically two beds pushed together (not clipped) so they kept coming apart and with 2 single duvets and not a double. That was the only real let down of the stay. We found it an easy walk into Bournemouth for some shopping and later that day we walked to Boscombe pier so the Location is pretty good! Staff seemed happy to help. I feel the parking for guests should be a little cheaper as it was previously free but apart from that no problems here.

We Enjoyed the view very much and liked the communal balcony.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for your review Awinningcouple, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards Paul Critchley Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 September 2016

We had a hotel voucher gift and decided to visit Bournmouth. The voucher was worth around £97. When I rang up to book, the sea view room was an extra £60 - but included a balcony.
When we arrived the room was small, the balcony was shared and small - although the view was lovely. Not really worth the extra money though.
The room, en suite and furniture were very tired.
The dinner menu choice was very poor so we upgraded the starter to Salmon - another £4.95 each. The ravioli mains was very dry and overcooked. The fruit salad was melon, grapefruit, grape and orange - it reappeared the following day for breakfast. The latter was the worst breakfast selection I have come across.
We also were charged £10 to park the car overnight.

So for one night dbb including one beer and a glass of wine it cost over £180 pounds - which would have been fine had the food and room been worth it.

To finish on a positive note the staff were lovely and the bed comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for your review Robin D, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards Paul Critchley Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Whilst the coastal location can't be bettered, I've been disappointed by the General decor of rooms and meeting rooms. In addition the staff, and almost entirely non British (meaning difficult in understanding from both guests and staff alike), and teenage. They lack the basic training to understand the basics of customer service, managing issues and hospitality. This is incredibly disappointing and smacks of attempting to save staffing costs. This morning I was met by Alex at breakfast, who let out a big sigh and said 'you been here before, where you wanna sit'. There was no effort to ask if I wanted tea or coffee.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank TahitianPunch1

Thank you for your review TahitianPunch1,

I appreciate your feedback however I think it is rather exagetterated, around half of our team are English, the others come from places all around the world, those who are native have an advanced level of English and we have very few staff who are under the age of 20. Alex does recall greeting you at the door and asked me to apologise if you took his humour the wrong way.
I do hope to welcome you back to the Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff in the future.

Kind regards

Paul Critchley
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 September 2016

we had been allocated a 3rd floor sea view, however the lift was not working, we are both blue badge holders, neither of us can walk up stairs, we were offered a room on the ground floor at the back, it was awful, dark, miserable and the windows just about opened, the next one was first floor which we had to take as there were no others available and all the other sea front hotels were full, the first floor one, only had a normal size double bed, no singles can be used, there was no shaver point, the hot tap when i turned it on the entire tap started to go round, there was no toilet brush, no grab rail on the side of the bath/shower, the windows opened properly but the curtains were falling down so could not block out the light......the restaurant was lower ground so another flight of stairs to negotiate, having stayed 1 out of 3 nights i have come home with so much pain in my legs and hips the injections have now been a waste of time..........the receptionist, Laura was delightful and did everything she could but if there are no rooms then there are no rooms, we arrived on the sunday and the lift had been out of order since the friday, so really it was a disgrace that there was such lack of maintenance on site and they were not sure when the engineers would arrive!

There were no toothpicks in the restaurant, in fact nowhere in the entire hotel.!!!!

There is not a hope in hell that we would recommend this hotel to anyone who is not athletic! 2 * has been given because the reception staff were delightful.

Room Tip: this was supposed to be 4* frankly it is not worthy as a hotel of more than 1* but the staff were good so it went up to 2*
3  Thank mitzi07
Paul C, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

I can only apologise that the lift broke down during your stay, it is unfortunate however it was beyond our control, you simply cannot plan for such breakdowns, we have our lift serviced monthly as part of our ongoing maintenance, we unfortunately had to wait for a replacement part to be delieverd to get the lift operational again. I am delighted that the team did their best to try and find you an alternative room however our options were limited due to the hotel being full.

We do have grab rails in some of our rooms but not for all however I can confirm that we do not have toilet brushes in the rooms, our housekeeping staff have these and clean the toilets for you, I have never been a fan of having toilet brushes in guest bedrooms.

I hope you would consider visiting the Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff again and should you do I ask that you contact me directly beforehand so that I can ensure a suitable room for you.

Kind regards