1,640 results
All reviews boot camp ladies festival evening meal the cliff town centre disco coach pier
Reviewed 16 August 2018

My family and I had the treat if staying last week at the Queens and had a wonderful time. The rooms were clean, the breakfast choices amazing but the staff just made it for me. From the cleaners, receptionists and waitresses, they were just so friendly and professional, always cheery and helpful. A special mention for Irene.I walk with sticks and she was so considerate and a pleasure to see in the mornings. Only slight negative was that I couldn't reserve a blue badge space.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
DanielMarshGM, Associate Director at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Marion T

Thank you so much for your kind and generous comments.

I am so pleased to learn you enjoyed your visit and it is so lovely to read the wonderful words written about my colleague Irene. Irene is a ray of sunlight.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

On arrival we unpacked, went for a walk and then prepared to greet friends who were joining us for dinner. Several things irked us., but time was of the essence.

However, preparing for bed, (close to mid-night), I discovered that the beds were only 76cms wide ! Too late to remedy, although having only a short break away, we felt they would be spoilt by the up-heaval of, a) moving rooms OR b) waiting for the beds to be replaced. I should point out that on the initial in-formation we were sent, it stated clearly that the beds would be between 90 and 130 cm wide.

Here are my other issues, that frankly, in a Hotel with a supposedly good reputation, were just not acceptable.

1) The (out-dated) Extractor Fan in the bathroom was of no real use.

2) The handle for the cistern was all but hanging off,

3) No Toilet Brush to keep the pan clean

4) The cold tap only ran warm water!

5) The Shower was adequate but certainly not refreshing

6) Some of your pillows should be replaced too – lumpy and out of shape

7) In the general areas of the hotel that we used, the hand-rails were in need of a scrub, as were the surrounds on doors / lifts.

8) ….. and finally, we were surprised to be charged £5.00 per night for Parking. It was inferred that parking was free, unless we were forced to use another parking area through lack of space - AND to suggest that if extra tea-bags etc., (above the regular supply), were requested, they would be 25p each!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
DanielMarshGM, Associate Director at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear John S

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us for four days.

I am sorry to learn that the twin beds in the room we reserved for you were smaller than you were expecting. The bedroom had plenty of space and if this was important, it would have been our pleasure to swap with larger beds. I wish we had put in larger beds before your arrival, but I don’t understand why it was too late to remedy when you arrived at 3pm.

The vent in your bedroom works by removing odours and is powered by an extraction on the roof. It is useful and does a good job. The handle for the toilet, while workable is a little looser than ideal – I am sorry this was not tightened before your visit.

Case 188 from the Health & Safety Executive explains that there is not a legal requirement to have or not have the provision of toilet brushes in hotels. In my experience some guests prefer brushes while others are disgusted by them. We have new ones in stock and could have delivered a brush if this was important to you.

I have tested the cold water from the sink and bath taps with a thermometer and after letting the water flow for a moment or two I have a reading below the recommended 20 degrees Centigrade.

We apply a small charge for car parking, in line with our advertised literature, with the principal purpose of ensuring there are suitable spaces available for our genuine guests. The price of £5.00 is lower than many other Hotels and also it is cheaper than parking on one of the nearby roads.

We offer a selection of teas and coffees in guest bedrooms from arrival, with milk and sugar (the milks are in little tubs). There are enough options for several hot drinks and as they are replaced daily, I feel this is a sensible amount; any more can be purchased from the reception.

Should you like to discuss this further, then I would be happy to do so.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

my wife had to sleep on a pillow placed over mattress springs and we were given a meal which was frankly disgusting...the main course turkey in gravy came with chips..the turkey could not be cut only dragged apart and was was taken away untouched by an embarrassed young girl and nothing offered to replace..I immediately went to reception to complain..I checked out the next morning to find I was being charged the full amount for two three course meals which I refused to pay..they then agreed to charge for just two starters which I agreed to...it was only later that day I noticed that they had charged me £22 for a soup and Pate

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerry R
DanielMarshGM, Associate Director at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Gerry R

These are disappointing comments to read. I have replied to your partner as well, who left quite similar notes on a different platform.

I can see you arrived just before 1pm last Wednesday; I am really sorry that the bed was not more comfortable, if you had let us know we could have changed it for you. I totally agree it is really important to have an excellent night sleep and irrespective of the places and the quality of the beds, for me my own bed at home always feels the most agreeable.

The reservation was for a bedroom with breakfast; but I understand that you chose to take dinner with us. Our Table D’Hôte menu was advertised earlier in the day where our guests can see the daily options. Sixty two other guests chose to dine in the Alexanders Restaurant that evening and from the information I have passed to me by my colleague – Nickiie (who you spoke with) all the other guests reacted positively to the meal.

I understand you enjoyed your choice of starters, which were: Chicken Liver Pâté with Wholemeal Toast & Red Onion Chutney and also Carrot & Coriander Soup with Toasted Croutons. The main course choice of Roast Turkey Breast with Natural Gravy was our most popular main course dish of the evening, trumping the Roast Rib Eye of Beef, Glazed Shallots & Red Wine Jus, and also the fish option of Baked Fillet of Hake, Dill & Cream Sauce and lastly the vegetarian selection of Keralan Vegetable Korma, Basmati Rice & Poppadums.

All our main courses are served with vegetable choices, and on this occasion one of these being chunky chips. I am sorry this was not a success; we do serve many varieties of cooked potatoes including: dauphinoise, pomme puree, sautéed, boiled new, duchess, hasselback, gratin, rosti, roasted, parmentier, wedged and mashed. With hindsight, one of these would have been a better potato choice for you that evening.

Again, I am sorry to learn you did not enjoy the experience with us, but I don’t think my colleagues deserved to be pilloried in the manner in which they have been, especially when they assisted. Also, as you had Panna Cotta for dessert, it means we charged for starters and the dessert, with the cost of the two main courses removed.

If you would like to discuss this at all with me, then please do not hesitate to do so.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in room 410 which is a family room on the 4th floor, a double & single bed. My son is 20 months so a cot was provided on request. I booked this via Booking.com who would only let me book this size room (due to party size) even though I only wanted a cot and not an extra bed. The room has a sea view at one end. Although the lift takes you to the 4th floor you still need to go up 3/4 steps to the room.
Our room wasn’t one of the refurbished ones and really needed some TLC, also some attention to detail, it was very clean but some of the light bulbs didn’t work, we wasn’t provided bath towels on our arrival and we had to request them twice, then we wasn’t provided with hand towels. The bath towels had small stains and the duvet cover had a black mark on it although clean everywhere else. The door to our room had obviously had the lock changed at some point and the handy work on it was something to be desired, a new door would look much better.
All the staff we encountered were friendly, professional and went that extra mile for us with our toddler.
Breakfast was buffet style with a good variety & very nice.
We also used the swimming pool twice, which was quiet on both occasions, the room was a bit too warm but otherwise okay, the deep end is only 4ft so most adults would be able to stand.
The location is excellent and only a block away from East Cliff, then a zig zag walk down to the beach.
Overall a nice stay just a shame that the room could do with some attention.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
DanielMarshGM, Associate Director at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Alichelseagirl

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share feedback from your visit.

I am so pleased you had a lovely stay with your family. Thank you for your comments about the bedroom, I am sorry we were not as good as we should have been with our housekeeping. All the points you have mentioned have been noted and discussed so that we get them right in the future.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again: daniel@queenshotelbournemouth.com please contact me directly and I will reserve a beautifully refurbished family room for you.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I booked a double room and where it said requests, I asked if there were parking spaces for disabled drivers. I didn't get an answer, in writing the request I assumed that in giving me my room, the booking clerk would have arranged a suitable room. I booked well in advance and had spoken via email to the night manager on a few occasions. On arriving there was only one disabled space with a wide door opening, the only space I could find was quite a way for me personally to walk. I checked in and was told my room was on the second floor, what they didn't say was that I had to also walk up 5 steps and then down another 5 to finally get to my room. By this time I was exhausted. Thankfully I booked room only, as I wouldn't have been able to go to the restaurant for Breakfast or Dinner. It wasn't an enjoyable stay especially for the money.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear beachtime_12

Thank you for the review.

I have read the comments and requests sent through with the booking. In the 'Conversation with the Guest' section, my colleagues have responded to three questions, about payment, shopping and the weather. We cannot reserve a car parking space unfortunately, but if you were unsure about this we could have responded to a question about it.

We have two disabled bays for blue badge holders, and if we had three guests with blue badges arrive then it would be unfair on one of these. Nevertheless, we will always find our guests a car parking space and assist to valet park where possible.

We have bedrooms with walk in showers that are easily accessible for the lift and we would have very much liked to have reserved one of these for you if you had let us know in advance, or telling us when you arrived in the afternoon we could have helped by reserving a bedroom that was more suitable.