“Doreen”

Ranked #73 of 310 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy freshly prepared French food in Torquay near the Princess Theatre. Located on the Torquay seafront overlooking the bay, our bistrot offers a stylish, relaxing place in which to enjoy incredible sea views and affordable French-style dishes, freshly prepared by our chefs every day. Inspired by our travels around France and beyond our menus combine bistrot classics with new seasonal dishes. Why not try our incredibly popular Prix fixe lunch menu where you can enjoy 2 courses for £12.95, or our 2 course Early Evening menu for £15.95? Whether it’s for a casual catch up over lunch, a special occasion, relaxed family meal or Sunday lunch, our bistrot is the perfect place to eat in Torquay. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we have something for everyone including gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options. Our bar also provides you with the perfect space to relax with friends and family and enjoy a drink of your choice.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food menu we choice off did not have our first choice when we placed the order, quite a few items not available. We were waiting for over an hour, not impressed with food. We sent one dish back, food very poor. Holly the waitress was very helpful & knowledgeable, new her job.

Date of visit: August 2021
Manager, Deputy Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi 125doreenb,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts.

Please contact me here at the bistrot and we can talk more on the matter.

torquay@pierre94.co.uk

Deputy Manager

Write a reviewReviews (3,158)

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

Booked a table of 4 for Saturday night, on arrival we discovered I had booked for a week later. Being we’re celebrating our Anniversary I was in big trouble.
However Mark managed to find us a table on a very busy night. Which I am very grateful for, Thank you again Mark.
We were served by Lucy who was friendly and excellent through our our time.
The food was also excellent the presentation the taste and the time for service. Being in the situation most of hospitality is in the restaurant is working excellently to the credit of all the staff.
Thank you for a great experience.

Hi 32kelvinb,

Wow, thank you for this amazing review. I have posted it for everyone to see and personally thank Mark and Lucy. You are right when you say the staff make us who we are as they are amazing and we are very grateful to have them on our team. Without them we are nothing.

We can not wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2021

Arrive a tad early for breakfast but they served us anyway. The cooked breakfast deal involved a perfectly cooked full English with choice of egg, juice and a coffee/tea with toast inclusive for £9.95. All with a fantastic sea view and excellent service.

Date of visit: August 2021
Manager, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2021

Hi Drrotcod,

We love that you love, what we are doing here in Torquay.

Thank you for your support and from everyone here at the Bistrot, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 August 2021

We are here 6.30 pm on 19.8.21. Thank you for a beautiful meal and gorgeous surroundings. Staff great , meal cooked just superbly and big thanks to Lucy who was our waitress. Also Manager was just so helpful and lovely and showed us to a perfect place on the balcony.
We are on holiday and we felt this ambience and place was the best we’ve had in Torbay.

Thanks everyone :)
Keep up the good work !

Hi Davam 123

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review. We are so spoilt here in Torquay to have such a wonderful team of staff that really work hard to make every customers time with us the best it can be. I have displayed your kind words for all the staff to clearly see that all their hard work is not going unnoticed.

Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Really enjoyed my meal here. I think they were short staffed so drinks did take a while, as did getting seated at our table. But the full menu was on and the food really good. You could see how hard everyone was working and it feels like we need to cut a bit of slack when we’re coming out of Covid and so on.

As a bit of an aside, in Torquay this week, staff shortages, limited menus and unable to get a table anywhere were common place. Luckily we booked this weeks ago and I strongly recommend you do this if you want to eat here (or anywhere, actually!)

Date of visit: August 2021
Manager, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for the review.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and I appreciate you commenting on how hard everyone is working. I agree with you that there are many restaurants including ours suffering post-Covid with delivery, stock and staffing issues, and I really appreciate your understanding regarding this.
As you saw on your last visit to us, we are working really hard to overcome any issues and I am very proud of my team in these challenging times.
I really hope that you visit us again and I hope you had a lovely holiday.

Kind regards,