1,112 results
All reviewsclub roomfree taxi servicesix coursesedwards coachesgb tourscourse evening mealsea viewsorbeton arrivalcoach partiesfirst classcoastal pathmince piesspa areaevening entertainmentstandard roomthe general manager
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

A 5 day break, great food, was excellent and very varied, nothing too much trouble for the dining room staff, especially Louiz, very clean room and bathroom, great entertainment, will be booking for next year.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie5ux
Duchy H, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Good Afternoon

It is nice to hear you found the food to be excellent and staff helpful. I am delighted you decided to book for next year.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We visit the Headland Hotel once a month with a lunchclub we belong to and always have an excellent meal. On past experience, special days -like Mothers Day - can often mean noisy, overcrowded restaurants and indifferent food. The Headland was very busy, but the service was quick and the waiters very friendly and welcoming. Each Mum was given a beautiful potted primrose and a credit card wallet - such a nice thing for them to do on such a busy day.The menu was so good it was hard to choose dishes, but with six of us eating we tried a number of different dishes and all were excellent, well cooked and beautifully presented. Sadly, the restaurant isn’t open every Sunday but we will be booking again for Easter!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ValC0209
Duchy H, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Good Morning

Thank you very much for taking time to leave your comments about your recent lunch at the hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and I am most delighted you had a good experience. It is nice to hear you are a regular visitor and I do hope you will continue coming back.

In the meantime I am looking forward to seeing you again on Easter Sunday.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

On booking a Few days break for myself & Wife who at the time had not been well for a while, i booked a club room,
nothing over the top, Although the Hotel has had a refurb in the bar area, Patio area very nice to look at, But what i was looking for was service which was just not happening, From the point of our arrival to service in the bar was just not there. Food sub standard in the three dinners we had, breakfast was good, will not return, This was not our first visit to this Hotel but it will be the last.

Stayed: February 2018
3  Thank michael m
Duchy H, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Good Evening

Thank you for taking time to pass on your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We always aim to exceed our customer expectations so that they enjoy every stay with us. It seems in your case we failed to do that. Please accept my apology for finding the service not up to standard on this occasion. I am surprised to read you found the food not to your likening as we have such positive feedback. I hope you will change your mind and visit us in near future so we can restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Great hotel in a perfect location looking over the bay. I’m sure in the summer it’s even better with the outside seating area. All staff are very friendly.

The quality of food is very good and well presented.

The room we had overlooking the bay was very clean with fruit for us on arrival, bed very comfy.

If I had to pick on something the spa area in my books is a place for relaxation, allowing small children in the area does not help.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank salty_Hastings
Duchy H, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for taking time to leave this review about your stay. Your comments about the food, staff and your room are most appreciated. I do agree the view over the bay is "perfect" and I do hope you come and visit us in summer to admire our outstanding location in the sunshine.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Bitterly disappointed
I have never complained about a hotel before and if it was just a couple of things I would let it slide. So I will just list what made this the worst stay I have ever had. The radiator was broken and stuck on full blast. The first maintenance man took an hour to come and the radiator was still stuck on full blast. The second one came at 11pm let the door slam and it's one of those old fashioned doors that really slam with a bang and woke up my 2 year old. No apology. No information in room about wifi, room service, anything. Went and asked at reception if they did room service and they did sandwiches. Tried to order room service later but there was no information on how to order from the room. I went downstairs and ordered. Took it back to my room and there was a pube in the salad. Had a fire exit alarm going off outside my room all night long. Asked for directions at reception to go to nearest shop-followed them to a tee and they were wrong. Tried speaking to the cleaner about the broken alarm in the morning but she said 'sorry no speak English' and walked straight passed. Wasn't asked about my stay at check out and after a terrible nights sleep I didn't feel like complaining at a busy reception and causing a scene so I just left.
Pros. The room layout was nice, there was a really nice bar lady who redeemed the other staffs lack of customer service somewhat. The breakfast staff were nice.
So so unimpressed.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank A9553IDjamieg

Good Morning

Whilst we take all guests comments very seriously whether they are positive or negative, we feel your review has many inconsistencies to it and if you knew the hotel and its location, you would understand some of your points do not sound valid.

However, if you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact the hotel and I will be more than happy to speak to you direct, something which I wish we could have done at the time of your stay.