All reviews roll top bath wedding breakfast lovely wedding premier room country house exclusive use wedding reception beautiful hotel clotted cream wembury beach coastal path sunday lunch large bathroom four poster bed lovely room two night stay stayed one night
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Attended a family wedding recently and although the wedding was lovely the service was average. Waiting staff were all dressed in casual attire and we're difficult to distinguish between them and guests. Had no idea who they were until they served us. Food was average and miniscule for prices charged. Bar prices were over inflated and no draught Guinness just bottled at extortionate price. Nice building that could do with a bit of tlc here and there . Would not revisit or recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Razzman15
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visiting family in Plymouth and found this lovely hotel. We arrived at just gone 9pm and a very polite and helpful young lady on reception duty showed us to our room. We had booked a standard room which was better than expected but decided to see if we could move to a superior room. Again nothing was to much trouble and we moved to room 21.

Some may think that these rooms look a little dated but they perfectly suit the style and period of this charming hotel.

The superior rooms are far larger and very comfortable. Room 21 has no shower but a huge roll top bath.

Breakfast is served in a light and airy room. Everything was clearly freshly cooked.

The purpose of our visit is to visit family but we are looking forward to exploring the hotel grounds and our next 2 nights at this fabulous hidden gem.

Doug & Alison

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We arrived at the hotel driving along very narrow lanes, without any passing bays, very scary and not a nice drive. My first advice to potential visitors is to turn off toward Wembley at the Elburton pub. Friendlier and much easier approach.
On arriving at the hotel a sign points you left to reception and car park, we saw a couple of cars parked so parked alongside, wrong place we should have driven another 50 yards to back of hotel with plenty of parking. Silly me.
The hotel has plenty of history, and one can feel transported to yester year on entry. The receptionist was most pleasant, providing a warm welcome, potted history of the hotel, and taking us to our room.
We were meeting friends so for us it was an early start in the bar, it seemed a bit sparse lacking warmth but ok. The young man serving was very polite and professional, I would recommend the gin and tonics.
The dinner menu was sufficient, food was good without being special, my wife had plaice, cooked perfectly to her taste. The deserts were great, I had the trifle in a wine glass very moorish.
Staff again very good, attentive without getting in your face.
The bedroom was comfortable with views over the car park and countryside.
Breakfast was ok, the coffee a bit weak for me, the scrambled eggs seemed as though they were fried eggs transformed to scrambled.
Worth a visit.

Room Tip: Overlook car park and countryside.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a family wedding.we had a 5 hour drive down to the hotel.wedding was amazing.but when we booked in we got told a different price to when we booked it.the receptionist was like can you fill the info out and pay.no please or thankyou.we got given our key with no directions to the room.we got in the room and as putting my children to bed the mattress was stained.and the room was very cold.we couldn’t control the heating it just wouldn’t come on.went down for breakfast and it was freezing down there.but when we finished a young lady lit the fire.think they should have thought that though first thing in the morning.only good thing to say on the hotel was the shower was lovely and the views where amazing.we have stayed in many hotels with our children but never had to pay prices like that.infact we had a weekend in chessington 2 days in the park and breckfast for less.very miss leading.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jemma M
JulianMather, Guest Relations Manager at Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hi Jemma,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am really pleased to hear the wedding.

I am sorry to hear you believe the rate was different than that quoted. I can see there were 4 people in the room, and an extra bed provided.

We get numerous glowing reports of the reception staff and this is not the norm. I will look into this for you. The rooms have heating that is on constant in the colder months, if you had let us know at the time we would have looked into this and rectified.

If you would like to email me directly please email julian.mather@langdoncourt.com.

Kind Regards

Julian

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The Langdon Court is an impressive building set in beautiful countryside. We booked for one night on route to Cornwall as they were a dog friendly hotel. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable and had the nice treat of a roll top bath. They provided a cozy dog blanket, food and bowls for our dog which was unexpected. The restaurant had a a attractive looking menu and didn’t disappoint in delivering quality food, it is worth mentioning the gin and tonics were divine. The English breakfast was fresh and made with quality ingredients. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Based on a very competitive rate it was an all in all a pleasant surprise,

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am thrilled to hear that you found the room to your liking, we are a dog friendly hotel that offers little extras for them during your stay,

We have recently updated the menus, and I am glad you enjoyed your dinner. We source our food locally as much as possible.

All the staff work hard to make sure you have an enjoyable stay and I will pass your comments on.

Kind Regards