All reviews the penthouse holiday inn the marco pierre white restaurant the club lounge executive room top floor car park chocolate bar larger car massive room reception bar small bathroom duty manager steam room bathroom door per day town centre
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Nice big comfy hotel, a mere stones throw ,from Plymouths ,famous Hoe, and shopping area, and the world famous barbican with its quaint shops ,bars and cafes ,some will say the hotel building is a bit dated ,but all in all I could find very few faults with our stay ,but remember ,not all rooms have amazing views ,only the ones over looking the Hoe and the higher the floor then the better the view ,so be sure to ask for a hoe view room on one of the upper floors to avoid disappointment on your arrival ,room service is fair ,but could better on choice ..

Date of stay: October 2016
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear jarlath m m,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth, a recent addition to the Crowne Plaza family.

It is important when our guests provide feedback on their time with us, allowing us to refine and review service where required to ensure we are exceeding guest expectations every stay.

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with our location offering the ideal base for exploring our wonderful city and the Devon / Cornwall area and the views to be above your expectations. Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Byrnes
kevin.byrnes@valoreurope.com

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed there for one night as I had heard it had recently been refurbished. Room fine and reception area clean and tidy but the bathroom was a joke. Tiny, odd tiles around a bath that did not match. Open drill holes from a previous shower attachment, rust stains and old soap in the shower tray.
Left a lot to be desired. Very little interest shown during check out too

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Wallop1234

Dear Wallop1234,

I am disappointed to read from your feedback your stay was not as you would have expected and the condition of the bathroom in the room you stayed. Whilst there has been much work completed, we are aware of some snagging issues from the build which are being addressed in an ongoing manner and would ask that if you find anything during your time with us that does not meet you expectations, you let us know whilst you are still our guest and our Duty Manager team will do all they can to assist.

I am delighted to read you found the cleanliness levels to be of the highest standard and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Byrnes
kevin.byrnes@valoreurope.com

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed here many times and delighted with the upgrading of the Executive Room overlooking the Hoe. Wonderfully comfortable bed, good facilities generally though could do with a hook or two in bathroom. Service at the Marco Pierre White restaurant was a bit disappointing. Waited ages for starters and after five minutes our main course was brought to the table. My husbands plate was taken away even though he was still eating. We said the starters had only just arrived so after much apologising the mains were removed. They arrived back and the Chateaubriand for my daughter and myself was gorgeous, but my husbands Shepherds Pie was disappointing (he should have ordered something more adventurous!). Grandsons Burger was full of barbecue sauce even though we had definitely said 'no barbecue sauce'. They offered to redo it but we'd waited so long by then he said he'd eat it anyway. We're back in October so will give them another booking - hopefully with better results.

Room tip: Worth paying more for a view of Hoe and Sound
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
operations763, Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Dianne,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Crowne Plaza Plymouth.

I'm very pleased to hear you were satisfied with seemingly all aspects of the hotel, I will ensure the teams your have mentioned get to see your feedback.

In relation to your experience in the Marco Piere White I can assure you this is a one off, I will share your feedback with the team and I ask that you let me know the next time you wish to make a booking so I can oversee the arrnagements.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Still here having a four night stay with wife and 2 children.

Stayed last year when it was Holiday Inn and things have definitely improved especially the rooms.

Reception check in was smooth and friendly.

The room is nice an appears clean but my son put his Thomas the tank engine train on the floor and after a few minutes the wheels were completely entangled with hair. Yuck! The floors aren't cleaned properly and that was evident in the main pent house restaurant too.

The bathroom is modern but the design is poor in some respects. The only towel rail is above the toilet about 5 feet in the air and really awkward to get to and means you drip water all over the floor after washing your hands getting across to the towel. There is plenty of wall space for another towel tail next to the sink.

Staying in an executive room and have access to a nice included continental breakfast but did try the main restaurant for breakfast today.

Nice venue with amazing views. But oh dear the breakfast is a let down.
Watered down orange juice, cheap bread rolls not really edible, fruit option not great and just one normal toaster available.

Staff were friendly but not enough of them. Typical money saving chain hotels not providing enough staff.

Follow up review after check out...

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank UKTurk62

Dear UKTurk62

I will speak with the house keeping team and the breakfast team as you mention. This is not the normal standard that we offer to our guests at the Crowne Plaza. Please accept my applogies this was not what your experienced.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Always a pleasure to stay here. The hotel is sufficiently far from main roads that there is no noise from passing traffic. Spacious rooms with a huge bed. Good wifi. Well appointed gym with plenty of machines and free weights. Indoor pool. Excellent food in the restaurant in the penthouse with views of Plymouth Ho. Very efficient and friendly staff. The subterranean car park is a squeeze but there is an external carpark with cctv and plenty of low price curb-side parking

Trip type: Travelled on business