“Middling but prompt.”

Ranked #322 of 713 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Japanese Cuisine, from Sushi and Noodle dishes to grilled fresh Steak and different fish main course dishes, Also All you can eat cook yourself Hot Pot Dishes. Our Chefs has over 20 Years cooking experience, together with our friendly experienced waiting staff await to welcome for your arrive, wish to provide you a memorable dinning experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Late decision Friday lockdown evening. Just the two of us. No enthusiasm to cook our own supper after we’d each already had a third wanted something light. Ordered a mixed seasonal veg tempura and a chicken teriyaki some salad, rice with both and what we think was complimentary miso soup. Waiting fixed for about an hour and it arrived five or so minutes early, still fairly warm. It wasn’t bad, probably fairly priced but nothing exciting. Wider menu choice than we had thought to sift through. No complaints but unlikely to have tonight’s meals again.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Jannerbloke
Write a reviewReviews (112)

Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

Placed an £80 order only for it to be delivered after 1hr30 mins. Open delivery to realise whole order is wrong. Contact them to see where my original order is, and they tell me it’s just being packaged and will be with me in 15 minutes. Call up 30 minutes later to find out where the order is only for them to let me know it’s not even been cooked yet and it will still take another 25 minutes on top of the 2 hours we’ve already waited. Customer service is terrible and would advise not to order from these cowboys. Yeehaa

Reviewed 22 November 2020

Today "service" from you guys was absolutely terrible. I have ordered from you guys before and the food: 1 Always arrive on time (~30-40 mins wait time), 2 Customer support has always been great when needed an update on the order. This combined with the delight of the food being great is why I kept going back.

But today both have fallen short, waited over 1 hour and 30 minutes to get 1 single sushi plater and a few coca-cola. Ring the restaurant twice to get an update, just to hear that your delivery driver is "on the way" and "will bring the food to you shortly". But it never came, even after 30 minutes between my first and second rang. Have to cancel the order, ring up the restaurant just to let them know why, and whoever answered the phone was super rude.

I know customer can be a pain but swearing at one, and even over the telephone is a disgrace to the industry and absolutely dishonoured the Japanese service mentality. I have never had to witness such monstrosity from a "Japanese" restaurant before. Either clean up your act, or you may lose whatever loyalty and respect that your customer may have had for you.

Such a shame and disappointment.

Reviewed 5 November 2020 via mobile

Expensive and poor. Not even Supermarket snack sushi quality at 4 times the price.
Delivery time was double the already long wait quoted, not even an apology or explanation.....the packed soy was at a general standard that’s it, save yourself the disappointment and give it a miss.

Reviewed 3 May 2020 via mobile

An absolute disgrace !

I ordered and paid £30 from koishii on the 02/05/2020 and waited over 2 hours for a 45 minute delivery for it to turn up and the dishes were completely wrong.
I ordered the koishii speacial with chicken , prawns and squid for it to turn up with just tiny bits of over cooked chicken in.
My partner ordered teriyaki chicken with egg fried rice but it came with plain boiled rice !
I phoned the restaurant and a very rude idiot of a man told us we were lying and that he wasn’t bothered if we didn’t order again because our order was only small to him ! And if we had a problem to take it up with just eat.
For us to receive compensation from just eat, the restaurant had to complete our order on their end which they failed to do so.
I was not in any way aggressive or rude to the restaurant, only told them my order was wrong and he was aggressive and rude to me and wouldn’t accept they messed it up.
He then hung up on me.
Zero stars from me.
Do NOT eat from koishii, they will rip you off !!.

Date of visit: May 2020