US$116
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$65
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

Invicta Hotel(Plymouth)
US$121
Mariners Guest House(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$96
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$79
PremierInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$152
US$82
PremierInn.com
1,090 results
All reviewsgrand old hotelcar parktraditional hotelsash windowssuperior roomlounge barplymouth pavilionsroom was largebeautiful buildingporridgeferry portfour poster bedfull englishcooked breakfastcity centretheatre royalone night stay
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Booked a single room for one night only. Firstly its good to find a hotel that offers single rooms! My room was in the 5th floor and faced the back of a sort of convention centre. The hotel is on a main road and probably due its age there is no double glazing. My room was a good size for a single, it was spotlessly clean. I ordered room service at about 8.15 pm but was told there would be up to an hour wait, which I found disappointing. The food, when it did arrive was however delicious. Breakfast was good, there is a cold buffet, fruit, cereals, juice etc. Hot food is cooked to order. The portidge served with clotted cream was amazing. Restaurant and reception staff were very friendly. Only stayed one night as attending a family funeral.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
ppjadams, Manager at The Duke Of Cornwall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. Apologies for the wait for food. At peak times the kitchen can become very busy and a wait is inevitable. I'm pleased that you were informed of this when ordering and that it was worth the delay. I will be certain to pass on your comments to the team, who all work very hard to ensure our guests are well catered for. I hope we can welcome you back for another stay very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The rooms were traditional but well equipped although the mattress could be better.Good hospitality tray and room well serviced.Helpful reception who booked a taxi for us.Limited car park but plenty on road at £2 overnight if necessary.Walkable to Hoe and harbour,Can be a bit noisy if near the roundabout.

Room Tip: Room at the back.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I will pass on your comments to the relevant departments. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Old beautiful hotel, big room and bathroom , tasty breakfast and good location; it was nice to sleep there and to come back from sea trips, and we like people working there very much for nice characters and help. Would be glad to be back another summer.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ppjadams, Manager at The Duke Of Cornwall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I hope we can welcome you back for another visit very soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This was our first visit to Plymouth and we wanted a hotel up to a certain standard where we could relax and enjoy the experience. The Duke of Cornwall looked as if it fitted the bill.

At first sight, the Duke of Cornwall’s characterful 170 year old Victorian Gothic façade is spectacular. Inside, the hotel retains its historic feel and charm. Redolent of a more elegant age, a wide, winding staircase with wrought iron balustrade leads guests to every floor; you can almost hear the swish of Victorian gowns on the stairs.

Opening the door to our room, I got an instant visual hug from a huge, welcoming 4 poster bed, that was as comfortable as it looked and merited a big aahhhhh climbing aboard. An extra touch of luxury was a separate lounge with a big TV, just right for chilling out and downing a cuppa or two. The bathroom was roomy, appointed in cozy period style - I loved the colour scheme - soft muted green, very relaxing. Just my taste - I could have taken the bathroom home with me!

Spacious, tastefully decorated and furnished in period character, with this had a home from home rather than cold, corporate feel. Unlike one of the reviews I read, we had no problems with road noise, nothing but peace and quiet and good nights' sleep throughout our stay.

The staff were lovely, professional, sweet, they couldn't have done more to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

My only regret is not trying out the special "tea at the top" experience in the hotel's iconic tower. Next time, I'd want to stay in the round tower bedroom and treat my partner and myself to a bottle of Champagne as we enjoyed a bird's eye view (vintage binoculars provided) of the city. What a lovely experience!

For couples or solo travellers, this provides a level of comfort lifting a weekend away to another level at an affordable price. If you like character, charm, history over a more corporate setting, you'll enjoy this. I would go back again, and would recommend this.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor in a room overlooking the car park, this was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee Lee K

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I think you've captured the feel of the hotel beautifully. The team will be equally delighted to read your review, which I will be sure to share with them. I hope we can welcome you back soon for our Tea@The Top experience and that bottle of Champagne!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on business for a week.

Positives: On arrival the exterior of the building is very impressive, classic victorian styling (website boasts Plymouth's first luxury hotel). Inside, the circular staircase and decoration of bar/lounge area is a nod to a more sophisticated era. Rooms are very spacious with high ceilings - a welcome break from cramped modern holiday inns etc. Breakfast is decent and service was great. Evening meal in restaurant was high quality but fairly expensive. Hotel is in great location - 10 min walk to harbour, plenty of bars and restaurants along route. Staff in general were polite and helpful, the room was clean and bed was comfortable.

Negatives: Firstly the biggest problem (not really hotels fault but worth a mention) the road noise at front is appalling - locals seem to think the roundabout outside is a drift track - screeching tyres and loud exhausts until early hours every night. On warmer evenings the lack of air con means open windows, so light sleepers should definitely request a back room when booking. Next, the car park is quite small, however during my stay I was lucky and found a space each night. Bar menu is very limited, and unless you want chips or fries you should eat in restaurant or elsewhere. Shower took a while to heat up (wake up 5 mins earlier to counter) probably due to age of building. Finally the WiFi is free, but occasionally temperamental (had to reset the router a few times) speed is acceptable for general use.

In response to other reviews, the floorboards are a bit creaky and decor/fittings (floral print) are somewhat dated but I would rather have the charm and character of an older building over plastic modern box rooms of other hotel chains. I guess it's up to personal preference. In summary, a solid 3+ star hotel with plenty of character and helpful staff. Would stay again if in the area

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
ppjadams, Manager at The Duke Of Cornwall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We are very proud that we stand out from the crowd when it comes to our heritage and uniqueness as a place to stay. We work tirelessly to ensure to ensure our guests enjoy their stay and that we provide comfortable and stylish surroundings in which to relax or carry out their work. Our restaurant team and kitchen brigade will be delighted to read your kind comments. As a city centre hotel some outside noise is, at times, to be expected. We are though, positioned perfectly to take advantage of all that Plymouth and the surrounding area have to offer.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.