“Starter let you down”

Rendezvous Wine Bar
Ranked #13 of 585 Restaurants in Exeter
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: City centre cellar wine bar and restaurant with gardens
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I and two friends visited the Rendezvous on Saturday night. We’ve been going there on and off for a while. Great atmosphere, friendly efficient staff and a good menu. What spoilt it for me and I sent it back to be replaced was the three small scallops for a ten pond starter. The replacements were not a lot bigger. Come on we in the West country have access to wonderful fish, we have two excellent fishmongers in the town selling scallops of a reasonable size.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Just got back from a lovely anniversary meal with my husband. The food was absolutely delicious, staff very friendly and attentive. Definitely recommend

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Another excellent meal here. Again the chef took care to adapt my meal to cope with my dietary needs.
Well done and thank you

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We were stuck in Exeter for longer than planned so looked for a place that was not one of the crop of chain restaurants that are everywhere
This came highly recommend and now we know why !!
Super selection on the menu and fixed price options were great
Crab starter was delicious and portion very generous
We both had the sea bream ...lovely
And I had space for the sticky toffee pudding
Perfect for business merits or simply a relaxed meal
Friendly staff

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Walking through the door you are greeted by the nicest hosts. Their knowledge of the extensive range of wines and spirits sourced from all over the world is remarkable. We were enthusiastically recommended a wine to accompany the food we ordered and it was delicious. We sat in the beautiful garden in the centre of Southernhay and enjoyed our drink. A real find and highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2018