“Embarrassing ”

Pasha
Ranked #9 of 576 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$7 - US$60
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this restaurant back in August with my wife and gave a five star review. After informing work colleagues of the great experience that we had, we decided to visit as a group when we were next on business in Exeter. Unfortunately it was a totally different experience.
Eight of us arrived, were seated and drinks ordered. We then browsed the menu as the drinks were served. It was only whilst we were drinking our drinks and about to order that we were informed that the resturant was unable to take card payments. When we explained that we could only pay by card we were informed that there was a cashpoint not far away that we could use. Once you have sat down in a restaurant, started your drinks and are browsing the menu, you don't then want to be finding a cashpoint machine. The waiter went and got the manager who again stated the lack of card facilities. When we explained that we couldn't do cash he suggested making a payment over the phone to another of his resturants. We declined this option as we didn't want to give card details over the phone and would not have any receipts. It was now getting late, and we were getting hungry, so we decided to finish our drinks and go elsewhere, although not before paying £27.00 for a round of drinks. So an expensive round of drinks and no food, although to be fair, the food smelt great. Surely we should have been informed before we ordered drinks that they were only accepting cash? If they had, we would have accepted it and gone elsewhere. What would have happened if we had ordered and eaten before being informed? I was totally embarrassed in front of my work colleagues by the experience, and we ended up sitting down at 10pm, after a long day, ordering food in the Indian restaurant across the road which luckily was still open. Due to the fact that I throughly enjoyed my meal at Pasha's on the first visit I will return. However I'll be making sure that the card machine is working before ordering any food or drink.

3  Thank DfromSF

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would recommend for the delicious food,soup, desert and also for the great service they have.
Great place for family and friends to remember the taste of traditional food.

1  Thank Ungureanu C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are trying to go every Sunday as they have good food and friendly staff. Best soups and desserts in town.

1  Thank Madalin D
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a great time at Pasha tonight, the service was friendly and very accommodating, and the food was very tasty! Plus they gave us complimentary turkish tea - beautiful!

2  Thank LiamM2141
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Very good service and food .Helpful waiter .Went early at 7 so not too busy . Turkish wine not great , very expensive and wouldnt recommend

Been to Pasha? Share your experiences!