“Cool interior!”

Exeter Cathedral
Ranked #2 of 92 things to do in Exeter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Exeter Cathedral is one of the oldest and most beautiful Cathedrals in England. Located in the centre of the city, there has been a Cathedral on the present site for nearly one thousand years.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Visited on a very hot day and the interior was welcome relief. My support Dog was allowed to accompany me. Each time I come here I find something new.
I sacrificed lunch as I could not afford lunch AND entry fee. I appreciate it costs a lot of upkeep to run God's House, but I do not like being charged to pray!

Date of experience: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,541)
All reviews
"prayer"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Architectural masterpiece!
Absolutely stunning, but not worth the £8 entry fee! Enjoy the cathedral greens on a sunny day!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Not sure why we have to pay in order to get in to a holy place like this. It is ok to ask for a donation once inside but to charge a fee to get in was disappointing. So just looked outside and returned home.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank sureshlogarajah
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Hidden away off the Main Street this is an architectural master piece
Not having visited many cathedrals this left me speechless the inside is amazing
Will definitely return when we have more time to explore it further
Lovely shop and cafe and a reasonable entry price