Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from US$354.60
More Info
2,472 results
All reviews beautiful building astronomical clock guided tour christmas market entrance fee awe inspiring stained glass worth a visit steeped in history lots of history choir architecture ceiling worship nave evensong prayer
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Not visited as someone just looking around for ages. Last time I went was to see my husbands graduation ceremony there, which was obviously free then. I am off to Cornwall on holiday next week and on looking at Truro Cathedrals website, it stated this:
"Unlike many other UK cathedrals, the Chapter of Truro Cathedral has taken an important decision not to charge for entry into the cathedral, in line with the cathedral’s vision of offering sacred space and common ground to all. " Why can't you do the same? We all appreciate how much it is to repair, run and maintain these magnificent pieces of our heritage, and on a donation basis people are more than happy to give what they can afford. If Truro can still open its doors free for all then what is your real excuse. Surely it goes against the teachings of Christ? I hate to see a house of God asking for money at a set amount, or get out. A shameful decision.

1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We spent several hours in the Exeter Cathedral one afternoon. The exterior does not catch one's eye, although the ediface at the front is fascinating. The admission charge is reasonable considering the maintenance of such an ancient monument. The interior is breathtaking--the ceiling is one of the longest done in that age and the decorative programme is stunning. Be sure to notice the musicians on the 'minstrel gallery' high up on the north side of the interior. Concerts are often presented and although we could not attend one, the acoustic would be grand.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Entrance fee too expensive for the time we had, and others had felt it a little too much. However walking around the outside was a good experience

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We made a special trip to Exeter to see the Cathedral. Unfortunately we could only see it from the entrance. We we with our friends who are locals and they had no idea there was a charge. Now I always leave a donation when visiting these beautiful churches in Europe, and don’t even mind paying a little bit. The price of admission here though was £7 per person. For 4 people spending a half hour, we thought the price was ridiculous, so we didn’t go in. Maybe that was the idea. To keep the numbers down. From what I could see, a lot of people chose not to go in..
Lucky for us there were several smaller churches in the area that didn’t charge admission that we found beautiful and interesting.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

I can see that it is very nice from the little I could see. Spectacular from the outside. In a good location.