“Wedding anniversary meal”

Price range: US$9 - US$19
Description: Vibrant Caribbean Restaurant
Description: Vibrant Caribbean Restaurant
Reviewed 3 May 2018

My husband and I went for an anniversary meal at turtle bay. Very welcoming arrival by Michal and Lollie, the service was brilliant as always , Michal offered us a complimentary cocktail for our anniversary, which was much appreciated. The food was it’s usual high standard although my husband had the goat curry, it didn’t have a lot of sauce so they very kindly brought him more curry and more sauce. Well done turtle bay you made our anniversary special. We will be back.

TBExeter, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hi Ruth4846,

Firstly Happy Anniversary! and secondly thank you for your lovely review! I'm delighted to hear that Michal and Lollie looked after you both well and you enjoyed your anniversary dinner out with us here at Turtle Bay Exeter.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

One Love

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Superb food and I would heartily recommend the sharing platters. And Claudia looked after us just fine. We will certainly return.

TBExeter, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi Applegate138,

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed the sharing platters we think they are great too. Another option that is good for sharing are the 3 cutters for £14 or 4 for £18. Its also lovely to read that Claudia looked after you well and I will make sure she gets to read your review.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had been to this restaurant a couple of times previously. The first time was really good, the second was so-so and this time was just poor. We were seated quickly and ordered a wrap, toastie and 2 Jamaican shandies. The drinks arrived and then the long wait began. We've been to the Caribbean several times. We even got married in Barbados. The service on the islands can be a bit laid back but this place takes it to a whole new level!
After 30 mins we asked where our food was. Apparently the girl who served us hadn't put the order through properly. Then the manager appeared and said it would be ready in a couple of minutes-it wasn't. 15 mins later our food arrived-it wasn't very good.
We didn't have to pay for the meal but that's not the point. It spoiled our day and we won't be going back.

Hi Geoff M,

I'm really sorry to hear about the long waits for your food and that your meals didn't reach your expectations when you did receive them, would you be able to email me at exeter@turtlebay.co.uk so I can look into this further.

Apologies again,

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere let down by shockingly slow service! Too many staff standing around at the tills

Hi PauloDi99,

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your food and the atmosphere here at Turtle Bay Exeter, but disappointed to read that the service was shockingly slow. Would you be able to email me more information so I can look into this further.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I had a chicken which was really nice and coconut, my partner had a lush chicken curry. We each had a lovely cocktail and finished sharing a pudding and a coffee. Paid just over £30 which i thought was quite Good! Would definitely go again

TBExeter, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

HI Savvieq,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you liked our Jerk Chicken with Coconut Glaze and your partner enjoyed the Trinidad Chicken Curry. Maybe try our Curry Goat next time especially if you like a spicy kick!

See you on your next visit!