“Fantastic apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mark H
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic apartment”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We have just returned from a 9 day stay at the lyonesss apartment.

We arrived late evening on the Saturday to find an immaculately clean apartment with a unexpected but welcome bottle of champagne, scones with cream and jam and a bottle of milk. A really appreciated touch.

The apartment comes with everything you would expect and includes a nice selection of games, books and dvds

The apartment is in a great location and only a 5 min walk into St ives centre and porthminster beach.

We experienced excellent communication with the owner who promptly responded to any queries.

I was more than happy with our stay and for the price I think this represented excellent value for money.

Negatives - can't say there was anything that would warrant a negative comment.

So the key questions would we stay again - yes and we will be, should you stop- yes. Happy to answer any questions

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
jen B b
Truro, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
Reviewed 10 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

I made two bookings for this flat without seeing it first. When I turned up I was absolutely disgusted to find how filthy and dirty the kitchen was, with an odd smell in the air. I went straight to Tesco to buy an antibacterial spray. The bedroom furniture was shabby, and sleeping in that bed felt like I had done ten rounds with Tyson. However I grit my teeth knowing I was booked in again at a later date. Sadly a family member passed away and due to the funeral I had to cancel. I have not received not one word of condolence from Mr Hurst or a penny back of the £150.00 paid for the flat I will no longer be staying in.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Feb 2016
This lady has NEVER stayed at the apartment. She booked and cancelled, moved the booking then cancelled again. We have done everything we could to avoid her losing out on money even to the point of losing out on income myself!

The beds are new pocket sprung with memory foam toppers.

I offered my condolences by email and refunded 50% of her stay costs as per the published cancellation policy on holiday lettings.

Please see my reply below with the date sent copied and pasted direct from the email which I am happy to show anyone via a screen shot.
YouFeb 13
Hi Jen

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

As a gesture of goodwill I moved your break so lost income for one stay. What I should have done was cancel the booking and rebook however you would only have got 50% back due to holiday letting cancellation policy so I decided to simply move it and lose out myself.

Due to your circumstances I will refund half of the amount I get which is after all holiday lettings costs and paypal fees which I get for receiving the money.

Please provide your PayPal email so I can return this to you.

Kindest regards Richard
alexhG636...
Bradford, United Kingdom
“As described on the box but beware if things go wrong....”
Reviewed 21 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Super apartment and location with everything as described and no surprises.... until we discovered the shower not to be working on the evening of our arrival so texted the owner to alert him. We finally heard from the owner 24 hours later & he arranged for a plumber to visit the next day. Unfortunately no plumber ever arrived so ultimately we had no shower facility for our 4 night stay. The owner agreed to compensate us however we have yet to receive the £70 promised. There is sports centre with shower facilities close to the local car park. Very disappointing communication and follow up service.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked least: lack of shower
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
Management Response
26 Dec 2015
The customer was responded to within 2 hours of receiving the text. A plumber was organised but unfortunately let us down by not turning up. The customer didn't communicate that he hadn't been when we were told otherwise by the plumber.
When I was finally told it hadn't been fixed I arranged for another plumber to attend who did and all was repaired.
The refund was sent as soon as the customer sent over his bank details and is showing as complete on the statement.
I was even prepared to drive the 7 hour journey to repair the shower myself if the second plumber didn't attend.
adventure...
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Just what we needed.”
Reviewed 30 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

It was easy to find the appartment which was spotless, comfy and in a quiet area. It was only a short walk from the town and harbour and especially quick if you could manage the steps. A supply of milk was in the fridge and some goodies were left on the table. We enjoyed the large fridge-freezer as it meant we could do one large shop at the beginning of our holiday.
We hope to return soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness and comfort
Liked least: I missed not having a bath but the shower was very good.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Christink...
“Brilliant! Great location, clean and cosy.”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Love this place! I've been twice now and hope to go back many more times. Great spot, short walk from the town and the beaches, there's even views of the sea! It has everything needed for a break to St Ives.
The apartment is well contained with a lovely kitchen and living space going on to a shower room with great water pressure just what's needed after a day on the beach, to wash the sand away! The bedroom has the comfiest bed, absolute bliss!!!! Great communication from the owner too, even threw in a few recommendations for places to eat which went down very well highly recommend!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing