“Fine dining in Polperro”
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Price range: US$15 - US$44
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beautiful building small and intimate interior suitable for couples and mainly adults wishing to enjoy freshly prepared food with friendly service
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We visited The Kitchen for dinner on a Sunday evening, while the tail-end of a hurricane swept through Polperro.
Inside the restaurant, the atmosphere was friendly, informal and we were warmly welcomed.
It might be compact and bijou, but The Kitchen punches well above its weight in terms of the quality of their menu, the outstanding and personal approach to service and the expertise of the chef.
Smoked haddock croquettes for starters, lamb shank and the most amazing fillet steak I've ever tasted for main course and then, the star of the show, an apple crumble tart with clotted cream ice cream. Beyond words, frankly, and a meal that will stay with us long in our memories for the best of reasons - from start to finish, this was a memorable night out. Cost? Dinner for two, 3 courses each, with drinks, about £75. And worth every penny.
Thank you to Tina and 'chef'....

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank CaptWeird

Reviewed 5 November 2018

What a wonderful eating experience! We loved everything about The Kitchen - the food was incredible (make sure you try the fillet steak!), the server was so friendly and the intimate atmosphere really makes he place. We can't wait to visit again!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Chose this for my husband's birthday meal after reading good reviews on here.We weren't disappointed. Receiving a lovely warm welcome from Tina I think it is, and the owner/chef coming out to chat to us a couple of times, this 2 lady team served up a wonderful relaxed evening with amazing food. The showstopper on their menu must be the Wagu beef fillet. My husband has never eaten a better cooked steak in his life. I had the hake fillet with lobster bisque sauce on a bed of peas and leaks, so moist and well seasoned. Not overpriced, I would thoroughly recommend giving this one a visit.

1  Thank MelG37
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

An amazing evening!
Friendly efficient service and the food was the best I’ve tasted in a while.
I had the duck and my husband the fillet steak. Melt in the mouth and the flavours well complemented.
Don’t miss out on the homemade desserts, chocolate fondant was a taste experience.
Will be visiting again soon.
Thank you for a great evening!

1  Thank 681chloec
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Was taken to The Kitchen for a birthday meal. Have lived in Polperro for 6 years and never been. Food was excellent, (and I am fussy)! I had steak which, to be honest, was the best I have eaten. Debbi the chef made me a cheese cake for dessert - crackers , cheese and pickle (as I don't do sweets), priceless!! In all, a 5* experience with excellent service from Lisa at very reasonable cost and will be going again. Thank you for a very memorable evening. Phil.

1  Thank phil051055