“Quick Snack Stop”

Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Polmary is a family friendly restaurant serving traditional English cuisine with gluten free options. We love well behaved dogs. Open for longer during the school holidays.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service was fast and friendly! Highly recommend the cream tea and if you fancy a milkshake, great shakes here too!
If the weathers lovely enough for you to sit outside, you get a great view of the woodland area looking over the village

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We weren’t sure what to expect.... and were very impressed with the quality of food! We had a mixture of dishes small left with full tummies! I’ve been to polperro dozens of times and have never visited until now. We will return!!!!!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Very enjoyable fish and chips. Excellent home made creamy colslaw. Tasty crunchy crispy batter to fresh moist fish.

Very pleasant service.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Visited for afternoon tea, £3.75 each - Bargain! My son had Pizza and Chips with a Choc Milkshake and enjoyed his meal too. Service was great and the gentleman friendly. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

In all the years of coming to Polperro we had never eaten here so decided to give it a go. Great Decision! We came in for dinner on a Wednesday evening with our 2 daughters (9 & 3). Straight away we were welcomed by a really friendly waiter who sourced sticker and colouring books to keep the children entertained so we could get on with placing our order.
My partner and I both ordered the Seafood Mornay (crab, mussels & prawns in a creamy sauce topped with cheese) with salad and chips and the children had the kids pizza and chicken nuggets. The food was lovely, I'd especially recommend the seafood mornay, it was absolutely delicious!! The children loved theirs too...the pizza was a decent size for a small tummy and the chicken nuggets were real chicken breast chunks battered, instead of the usual frozen nuggets kids get given in most places.
Make sure you have a look around the walls at the framed pictures available for sale. We bought a charming one for only £20 which now has pride of place in our living room.
We went back again to eat here on our final night. I had the Seafood Mornay again, which was once again delicious, the children had the fish fingers and the kids spaghetti Bolognese which they tell me was amazing. Only downside was the chilli con carne my partner ordered. He asked for the standard chilli with a hint of extra spice, however I think the kitchen may have slipped with the chilli powder as he was served a chilli that could blow your head off! The staff were very apologetic and provided dishes of sour cream to try and calm down the burn but unfortunately he was unable to finish it. They took some money off the bill because of it though, so they certainly tried to rectify the situation.
I would definitely visit here again though and can't wait to come back next year! :-)