“Excellent. Best in town”
Review of Nelsons Restaurant

Nelsons Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

If you want a special place to eat in Polperro then you aren’t going to find anything to beat Nelson’s. The place looks impressive even from the outside. Inside you know you are somewhere a cut above the average. It is not bright and modern. It looks and feels like a good class restaurant, intimate, discrete. The service was excellent. My wife had Greenland prawns for starters, but they were nothing special. Her main course, Polperro Crab Mornay, however, looked as good as it tasted. I had Crab Bisque, wonderful, followed by Fish of the Day, which was Hake. This was quality, locally caught, hake and a large portion at that. It was also excellent. We shared a pudding. There is a decent wine list. We drank a bottle of good, but inexpensive, dry white wine. The bill came to £74.80, which we considered very good value for the quality of food.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

And what a treat! Staff were really lovely and very helpful. The fish was well cooked and delicious and plenty of it. Along with lovely big thick chips. While my hubby had lamb with vegetables that were cooked well too desserts were delightful with birthday candle and flashing lights, music etc. Thank you for lovely evenings.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Having being tempted every time I past we decided to give it a go on our last night. Wish I lived around the corner would frequent all the time. A good earthy Rioja crab bisque to die for followed by a real fave Crab mornay every fork full a pleasure blackcurrent sorbet to finish. Well we will return the whole dining experience a real treat.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We had a beautiful meal here just last night. I loved the food the service and the atmosphere. The food was amazing and exceptionally well priced for the standard of food available. As a group of 3 with 1 vegetarian we all had a great choice of food and a great selection of wine again very reasonably priced. This is not a quick food option but a dining experience second to none in the area . I will add some photos for a taster but these are taken on a phone so might not reflect the full quality of food and presentation we received.We definately come here next visit

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I stopped at Nelson's for dinner. I had the crab bisque for starter and it was quite good. For main I had the fish of the day which was hake. It was a lovely piece of fish, served with lemon butter, plus potatoes and vegetables. Everything was fresh and delicious. I splurged on the chocolate mousse for dessert.

The staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend a booking to secure a seat.