All reviews the pub bay window bar person early train to catch breakfast is served cornish hospitality isles of scilly beer garden specials board room service sunday lunch visiting penzance an evening meal breakfasts were excellent good size bed was comfortable tea and coffee
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I stayed at the dock inn again to get the ferry over to the Isles Of Scilly, and I have to say I had another fantastic night stay!! the room I was in was room 3 and it was perfect and big, the king size bed was well needed after 10 hours of traveling, and I watched a bit of tv before going to sleep.

Check in is so easy, its at the bar when you walk in and you fill out a form of what you want for breakfast in the morning and what time you would like it as well it is also room service.

Breakfast was soooo good! I enjoyed it so much!!

For the smokers you have the bar garden that you unlock the door to your right when you come down the stairs.

The staff are super friendly and the place is amazing!

This is my favorite place to stay for going over to Scilly!!

Room tip: Room 1 and 3 have the view of the harbor
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Phil P, Owner at The Dock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

If you are visiting Penzance you must come here for Sunday Roast Lunch. The portion size and the quality of the food are to die for. I had set out intending to have a dessert but after eating dinner was too full to do one justice. Can’t wait for my visit next year to do Sunday lunch again

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Phil P, Owner at The Dock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you so pleased you enjoyed lunch

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I stayed at the Dock Inn for 2 nights in June 2018. It was very easy to find on the waterfront and I was able to park beside the building in the allocated parking area. The Inn is indeed a building with a lot of character and the owners were both very welcoming and friendly. The upstairs room I was allocated at the front of the premises had lovely views over the docks and in the distance I could even spot St. Michaels Mount. The bed and ensuite were nicely presented and there was plenty of space to move around the room. The walls and roof were showing their age and the windows rattled as the catches were all broken, but the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast supplied to the room each morning was tasty and satisfying. The location at the flat area of town allowed easy walking to various eateries, shops and tour departure areas. Remember if you want to explore the town, it’s all uphill from here. I enjoyed my short stay here and thank the friendly staff for their hospitality.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank garry a

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We called in for an evening meal. We received a very warm welcome as we walked in and the service during the meal was very good. Decent pub food and a good pint of Ale. I would definitely eat there again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Stayed here for two nights on our way to and from the Isles of Scilly (we were two couples). Most convenient location for the harbour, we were able to just wheel our cases across the road to get the Scillonian. Booked two double rooms both of which were clean and functional, tea and coffee in room etc. Breakfast was freshly cooked and brought to the room where there are small tables with chairs, was able to eat in the bay window. Nice friendly people running it and would definitely stay again. Took about 20 minutes to trundle our cases there from the rail station.

Room tip: Not many rooms to choose from so take whatever you are offered.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple