US$232
US$344
US$332
All reviewshen dofistral beachladsluxurysofasnightlifefab
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night. Glad I read reviews after booking cuz I would of left a towel at home. Never stayed in a hostel before. Bed was comfy room was clean over all good stay. Annoying that I had to go through another hotel to get to my room but wasn't really a problem. Enjoyed my stay

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We ended up having to book here after our previous accomodation cancelled on us.. We were fully aware that it was a hostel kind f accomodation and having stayed in hostels before now I new it meant bringing your own towels etc and it's basically a bed and a bathroom.. basic but all we needed for 1 nights accomodation for a hen do! After reading some reviews I couldn't believe people were commented that their is no towels, no wardrobes etc .. that's normal for a hostel. It's cheap as chips so you get what you pay for!

We paid the £30 each deposit for everyone and after having our rooms checked he day after the cash was handed straight back with no problems :)

Parking was £12 for 24 hours in the car park behind.

When we arrived we checked in at Victoria hotel next door which was fine :) and found our rooms easily.

The night time their was a man in reception who was lovely, helpful and chatty (Simon I think his name was)

The rooms had new carpets as had been refurbished, the bathrooms were white tiled and clean and I saw no mouldy anywhere (or mushrooms for anyone panicking)

The beds were bunk beds - not luxury but to be honest for 1 night that cheap it didn't bother me!

I'd happily book and stay here again it was a fab location also and the lounge around was great for us as a group!

Pics added are of the room decorated for the bride and the bathroom accessories we added ourselves ...

The table and sofas were in the lounge area which we made use of also :)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank selbailey
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We booked here last minute as our accommodation let us down. All the girls weren't happy about staying in a hostel and had read bad reviews. When we arrived we checked in at the hotel next door and paid a £30pp deposit which we got back the next day. When we got to our rooms we noticed it had had a revamp since the bad reviews. Brand new carpets, all freshly painted. I was more than happy to stay in here with my friends. We had a fab time here. The staff were lovely, especially the night porter on the front desk (I think he might of been called simon) who sat and chatted to me and my friend (even though I was slightly worse for Wear lol).
We had a fab time here and would definitely recommend to other hen/ stag parties in the area, and will be booking to stay here again in the near future with my friends, luckily not the rude guests we had with us on the hen party... or the bride!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsHogarth
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Worst place I have ever stayed in.No towels supplied.Bunk beds (really uncomfortable)Room resembled a prison cell.Would suit a survivalist or the desperatley poor.I have served in the forces but not stayed any where like this.

Room Tip: Swerve the whole place
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gaz3753
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Stayed at Bertie's Lodge during my stag weekend with a group of 18 and it's fair to say that Bertie's is perfect for this sort of trip. The trip was organised by an online stag/hen do company (Chillisauce in our case), so we didn't choose to stay here, and after seeing some of the awful reviews we were all slightly nervous. However, it was nowhere near as bad as we expected. The rooms were basic but seemed clean enough, the staff were very friendly in both the reception and the bar/club next door, and the lodge is in a great location for some good nightlife and restaurants (about 5-10 minute's walk to Fistral Beach).

On the negative side, the rooms were very hot and stuffy with little space to move between the large bunk beds, some of our group had problems with no hot water and a faulty flush in one of the bathrooms, it was very rare to actually see any staff at reception to report anything, and in general the whole place is very shabby. In fact, the name Bertie's Lodge is a misnomer as it's very much a hostel so adjust your expectations accordingly.

I certainly wouldn't stay here as a couple or on a solo/business trip, but as part of a stag party Bertie's was exactly what we needed it to be. It's in an ideal location near to the town centre and lots of bars/restaurants and it's not as if we spent too much time inside the Lodge anyway.

Some general tips:
- Had we not booked through Chillisauce we'd probably have gotten the rooms cheaper by booking directly.
- Make sure you bring your own towels and soap as literally nothing but a bed and bathroom is provided (there's also no Wi-fi).
- Large groups will need to pay a £30 cash deposit per person in case of damage (although we all received our money back without any issue).
- Beware of "pub crawl" ticket sellers hanging around outside (and throughout Newquay), they will zone in on stag groups and try to tell you that most bars will charge you to get in. We visited loads of bars and not a single place charged a penny to get in!

Room Tip: Make sure to bring your own towels and soap!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends