All reviews majestic tours sweet table coach trip self drive tesco express turkey and tinsel entertainment every night budget hotel tea and coffee breakfast and evening meal plenty of hot water buffet style public areas town centre bit dated walk in shower bus stop
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

After a long journey. A very warm friendly welcome. Amazing staff, throughout my stay. Fantastic food, menu and so many choices. Clean tidy/ nothing but nothing was too much trouble. Extra towels etc. Cant wait to return, 1 day

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank D1e2
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely August bank holiday weekend away. Value for money hotel. Friendly staff, lovely and clean. The food was lovely. Evening entertainment was good. The one evening a man Johnny Morse entertained us. What a talented man. Played at least 20 instruments and no sheet music. Would recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happiness561846
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say? After reading the negative reviews on here we decided we would not book this holiday with national holidays, nut S it was so last minute all other holidays only had one seat available on their coaches, so we decided to chance coming as we accepted it was only a four night stay and as long as it provided my Mum and I with a bed, then we could adjust the rest to suit us. It's is our first night and our room is spotless clean and very big. We have a balcony and although it is a little tired for a 2 star hotel and the price we paid it's unbelievable!!! The food is absolutely amazing and service second to none. The staff are so friendly and we feel so lucky that we have found this little gem of a place and can't wait for the next four days. So my advice is to sometimes take a chance even if the reviews state otherwise, cause they really do not justify this hotel and in the seven years we have been coming with national holidays this is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. I don't understand what people want for the price you pay, but we are happily surprised

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank alisona192
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We visited this hotel as part of a coach party on a half board basis. The rooms are spotlessly clean and so are the public areas. The food was very good, breakfast was plentiful and good quality. Evening meal had three choices of starter and main and a wonderful table full of desserts as well as hot puddings on offer. The drinks at the bar were reasonable priced. The entertainment was a bit old fashion and not to our taste but the older members of our party loved it! We didn't use the pool or gym but they were both very basic. The hotel is conveniently positioned for the town and beaches. We understand from other guests that public areas of the hotel and some rooms have been recently refurbished. The staff were very friendly and helpful. 'You get what you pay for' and in our case we had a good deal for our money!!

Room tip: Being an old hotel the floorboards creak a lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RhonddaGirl-1
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Some of the reviews on here are quite harsh. I usually stay in more upmarket hotels than this one but needed somewhere cheap for a long weekend. Firstly, the location of the hotel is absolutely excellent! Secondly, the parking situation is CRAZY, I am VERY particular about where I park my pride and joy, when we arrived at 1150pm on our first night after 6 hours of travelling there was literally no where to park, and when asked where the nearest car park was I was told 'don't know', which isn't the best answer. Luckily we managed to get parked on the road, however, I feel sorry for local residents as this must be a nightmare for them!

Thirdly, our check in wasn't a brilliant experience, as mentioned above, we arrived around mid night. The guy who checked us in didn't even bother to move from his chair in his office, faffed around on his computer for ten minutes then eventually got up and passed me a form to fill in, I then had to pay for the trip there and then. He then showed us to our room which was ok, it was clean enough (not immaculately clean though) and it was adequate for what we needed it for, it was just very small.

I have to say the hotel is extremely tired and dated in many areas, with threadbare carpets and old toilet suites and head boards and just a musty smell throughout. The entertainment really wasn't my cup of tea either, it felt like being in a cheap B & B in Blackpool.

Having said all that, the bar lady (an Irish lady- didn't catch her name) was fantastic, really friendly and made you feel welcome and the majority of staff were friendly enough. Tbh the place did grow on me a little by the end of the stay, I don't think I would stay again but I think the place has great potential if they could sort the decor out!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple