All reviews room was clean the location is perfect minute walk town centre ensuite tv
Reviewed 13 April 2015

Really good value lodge that is well looked after, clean, simple and just a couple of minutes from beaches and the main drag in Newquay. My daughter and I stayed four nights and used Newquay as a base to get out and about upto Padstow and Down to St Agnes - easy to get in and out of town and then just mooch around on the nearest beach in the evening.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Matt N
Reviewed 17 November 2014

I booked Kandi Lodge for me and 6 friends to stay via booking.com. I am always a bit dubious when it comes to hostels or similar places (especially in Newquay) as we have ended up in some right holes in the past. On entering the premises it looked and smelt very clean. It was well presented and the staff member was extremely welcoming and friendly. She couldn't help enough, and even split us up into two rooms as they were having a quiet night. We stayed here for to nights and could have happily stayed for longer.

The place is literally 30 seconds walk around the corner from some of the main bars (although we didn't hear any noise) so couldn't be better positioned.

They offer rentals of surf boards and swimming gear and also £2.00 bacon butties if you want them.

Overall, if you are looking for a clean, tidy and friendly base to stay and explore the area/have a weekend away with friends then I can't think of anywhere better value than Kandi Lodge.

Room Tip: Parking can be a little tight outside the premises so try and arrive early.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anthony N
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights over the bank holiday weekend. So glad we did. Really friendly hosts, couldn't do enough for you. Very clean. The location was superb. Right in the heart of the city. We were lucky to find parking on the street which was free. Great facilities. Wifi was excellent in our bedroom. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephlinham5
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Good location, clean, parking can be difficult, was helped by the owner to find a parking space. Rooms are small, beds clean and comfy. Very noisy at night as very thin walls and the young group were up and partying all night, 3am and still shouting, door slamping, loud music. Unfortunately this spoiled our stay as couldn't shout an eye all night and were really tired the next day. This lodge is mostly for youngsters who are up for a party all night.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Szid
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

My friend booked us this accommodation and I didn't know much about it but it satisfied in every way! The location is perfect, literally a 2 minute walk from the restaurant strip, nightclub, shops, post office, supermarket and 5 minutes to the beach. It is clean, and extremely good value for the price you pay. Small attention to detail is great like a hand soap in the bathroom and the rooms even have TV's. Super fast wifi in the room. If I'm ever back in Cornwall I will stay again! Oh and Kirsty at reception is just lovely.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends