1,133 results
All reviews silks restaurant champagne bar balcony suite sea view roll top bath walk in wardrobe modern bathroom lovely hotel fistral beach breakfast room public rooms breakfast was excellent large room amazing views lovely room indoor pool newquay town
Reviewed 1 December 2016

My husband and I have just returned from this hotel, it was our first visit and we were not disappointed, everything about the hotel is amazing, rooms, staff, location, food, service, we had a brilliant time and will definitely be back and would highly recommend - 2 members of staff are worthy of a mention - the polish waiter who served us in Silks bistro and the receptionist, sorry we didn't get their names but they were superb.

Room Tip: 300 has amazing views with a large window
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Atlantic-Managment, Front Office Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Dear Michaela T,

Thank you for your 5 star review of The Atlantic, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your first stay with us and enjoyed the amazing hotel, wonderful rooms, friendly team, unrivalled location and delicious cuisine.

Thank you for commenting on individual team members, it's always so great to read about the staff and they work very hard. I do hope we'll welcome you back to The Atlantic very soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Volunteer Cornwall has just held the Cornwall Celebrates Volunteering Awards for the 5th year running in the beautiful ballroom at the hotel. Each year the staff are outstanding and this year was no exception. The organisation and execution was spot on and the buffet was delicious and plentiful. We can highly recommend the hotel for any corporate event. We had 140 guests and no-one was squashed. The ballroom would accommodate more people but we have a large backlit stage that requires 3 foot behind it and there was plenty of room. Another great event, enjoyed by all.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear VolCornwall2016,

Thank you for your 5 star review of The Atlantic, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your event with us for the 5th consecutive year. We do love our ballroom, it's pretty special! We receive so many lovely comments about it due to the grandeur and art deco details.

Thank you also for your mention of the delicious and plentiful buffet and your recommendation for corporate events.

We'll see you next year!

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

We've stayed here a few times and it's a lovely hotel in a great position. Up market and dog friendly ticks our boxes and the staff are really great. Rooms are nice and breakfast is excellent. However on our latest stay we were advised when we arrived that there were functions on both nights but we needn't worry as our room was away from where these were going on and we wouldn't be affacted. We asked if we could be moved to a room that would definitely not be affected but were told there were no others available. The truth is we had two nights where the music was thumping through to the point where we could recognise every tune! Both nights it went on until gone midnight and ruined our stay. On the second night, when the music stopped the snoring from next door started which surprised us as the building is old and we thought the walls were thicker. I told the receptionist when I checked out about our disrupted nights and her initial response was to ask why I didn't call down and ask to be moved. She was very polite but I told her we were advised when we checked in that there were no other rooms available and we wouldn't be affected anyway. This struck me as a standard reply to 'noise complaints' because it was the same receptionist who checked us in! I offered to speak to one of the Hotel Directors directly who was apparently in on that morning but nothing happened. A real shame as we have had some very pleasant stays here and we are not overly sensitive to the general noise that is to be expected in a hotel, but we won't be returning unless the sound proofing is improved.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Crusty1967,

Thank you for your review of the Atlantic and your lovely comments about our fantastic position, luxurious interiors and dog friendly accommodation. I'm so pleased to read your comments about our great rooms and excellent breakfast. I'm sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the noise from the hotel events, usually this doesn't affect our guests so I apologise for this. I am surprised about the snoring also, we very rarely receive comments from other guests about sound from neighbouring rooms, it is most unusual!

We do always try to move our guests if they are unhappy for any reason no matter how trivial but regrettably we are sometimes unable to do so when the hotel is at full capacity. I'm sorry you weren't able to speak with a manager on checkout, we value our loyal customers such as yourselves so I would love the opportunity to speak with you further to get some feedback on how we can improve. If you would like to contact me personally you can phone the hotel and ask for me or email me on cath@atlantichotelnewquay.co.uk.

I do hope to hear from you and welcome you back to us again in the future.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Even though the weather was terrible we still had a fantastic weekend away. The hotel was very quiet (which was nice!) and the staff very friendly and accommodating.
The room was spacious and very clean, my only niggle was that the bed was two singles pushed together and the sheets barely tucked in so in the morning the mattress could be seen, maybe larger sheets could be used?

Dear AJV0727,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Atlantic, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team to be friendly and accommodating and the room spacious and clean. My apologies about the sheets not being tucked in enough, our Head Housekeeper does checks on all of the rooms and so this shouldn't have been the case - sorry for any inconvenience.

I do hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

the hotel is a good 4 star, decor a bit over the top, views are lovely. They are let down by the food which is mediocre and disappointing. The hotel is reasonable but the supplement price for food and the price of wine was a bit of a shock, over two thirds of the menu had a supplement for those that had paid for dinner. Items on the menu were not available and the choice was poor. Even a bread roll or coffee with dinner was an extra.
the rooms were large and nicely decorated but not deep down clean.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Atlantic-Managment, Front Office Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Christine,

Thank you for your review of the Atlantic and your comments on our deserved 4 star rating and lovely views. I am so sorry and shocked to hear of your comments about our cuisine being mediocre, we pride ourselves on our delicious food and have both an AA Rosette and a Taste of the West award for food.

I'm sorry to read you didn't think we offered enough choice - we have 5 starter options, 7 main and 5 dessert options which we think offers great variety. We also have a Specials Menu each evening which has additional starters, mains and desserts to choose from. We understand many other hotels have a designated Table D'Hote menu and a more luxurious a la carte/Rosette offering but for us, we want all of our food to be of the utmost quality and because of this, we only have one very good menu plus our specials with supplements on some of the dishes although certainly not two thirds.

I believe we only had one item on the menu not available on the evening you dined, however, I apologise for the inconvenience. Regrettably, cooking with fresh local ingredients we run out if it is a popular dish.

Sorry to hear about your comments regarding cleanliness, I shall investigate this as a priority as we usually receive glowing housekeeping reports from our guests.

I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, perhaps you could take the time to contact me direct so I could discuss your complaint in more detail? Cath@atlantichotelnewquay.co.uk