1,093 results
All reviews fistral beach sea view steam room swimming pool coach party course evening meal coach trip friendly hotel table tennis breakfast and dinner short break single room three nights reception staff walk into town night break full english
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I had read mixed reviews of the hotel so was a bit sceptical about going but I’m so glad I did! I had an amazing stay and would happily go back. The breakfast every day was delicious and plentiful and the staff work really hard to keep everything running smoothly. The hotel is only 8 minutes walk to the top of the steps down to South Fistral Beach so is in a great location whilst being peaceful enough by being away from Newquay’s busy centre. My room was small but being a single room, I wasn’t expecting it to be huge. It was clean with nice modern furniture and a fresh looking bathroom.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Tomas J, Guest Relations at The Pentire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for offering us a great 5-star review following your recent 'amazing' stay with us. We are all thrilled to read how much you enjoyed our hospitality, our location and our delicious breakfasts each morning. We hope to see you again in the future and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Its like a home from home for us now. It must be maybe our fifth visit in aprox 7 years which is testimony to whoever runs the place getting it right. Each time we come, we notice a good amount of re-investment in the place to keep it current.
Its a great base for exploring Cornwall and has always been staffed by friendly, welcoming people whenever we have visited as far as I’m concerned.
I don’t recall ever having a reason to complain in all the times my family and I have stayed here.
In the past we’ve done full board as part of an online deal for convenience and found the food very reasonable. This time we have opted for bed and breakfast, tho we ate at the hotel for supper on our first night as we’d had a bit of a journey for miles through heavy rain and didn’t fancy any more driving.
Again, never a complaint about the food or service. Our kids often recall one of the waiters who looked after us in the past as “Speedy Gonzalez”
The pool and games room still hold a draw for our now teenage boys. This year, we even managed to make it to the small fitness suite!
One down side to this stay was the lack of entertainment. Not even bingo on an August bank holiday weekend? Not normally the case.
If you like your hotels a bit more homely and not part of a faceless multinational organisation, then this may well be worth considering. Especially if you have kids who enjoy the beach which is just a short walk away.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Tomas J, Guest Relations at The Pentire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you. We couldn't ask for better feedback and compelling testimony from you and your family. We love to welcome back guests each year and will take on board your points made regarding entertainment. Thanks again and we hope to see you all again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, staff very helpful. Carpets and wall paper worn and hanging off the walls in some places. Breakfast was excellent, amenities very good. Stayed for three nights and on both mornings had our towels changed, they were all still wet on both change days? Never had this before.

1  Thank BrokebackMountain

Thank you for offering feedback and we're pleased that you found our team very helpful, breakfasts excellent, amenities very good, and our hotel to be a nice place to stay in. To add some balance to a few points, towels are only replaced with new ones by housekeeping if they are placed in the bath to signal that this is what you require. Re-using towels after a single use helps us all to save on the environmental impact. We are undertaking considerable investment and upgrading all areas of the hotel, which is priced competitively and appropriately dependant upon the season and high level of demand. Thanks again for offering us valuable feedback and we wish you all the very best.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

It's great that this hotel actually has single rooms! I requested a room with a sea view and did not have to ask twice. The reception staff were so friendly and helpful-thank you Taneal for the warm welcome, Matt for finding directions to Tintagel and the lady who directed me to Fistral beach. Thank you also to the cleaning staff and I am sure all the other staff are equally good-just with food intolerance's, I came prepared as I was only here for three nights.
If you enjoy walking, it’s location outside of town is great, and it’s so close to the beautiful Fistral beach – a really lovely area to explore.
If you are coming from the airport, then I would recommend the shared taxi for just £5 which brings you right to the door and you get your bearings if it’s your first time in Newquay. There is also a very good bus service from the bus station if you want to travel out. There is a lovely health food shop, Sprout, off the main street that has great coffee, raw healthy sweet treats etc.
I loved Newquay, the friendliness of the locals, the relaxed atmosphere, fantastic walking and interesting places to visit. I am looking forward to coming back next year and will not hesitate to stay in the Pentire Hotel

Room Tip: Room with a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mary c

It's rewarding to read how much you enjoyed your 3-night stay with us, with friendly, helpful service from all areas of our team and our lovely location receiving highlighted praise in your feedback. We're thrilled that you would not hesitate to stay with us again and we genuinely hope to extend another warm welcome to you in the future, Thanks again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Unkept, needs a make over desperately.
The room we stayed in was fine except the shower cubicle was tiny and the shower was really not powerful at all. The sink was a challenge, the water just didn’t go down the plug unless you waited a very long time. Everything just feels and looks old. I can only say it’s about a 3 star hotel. Downstairs the pool changing rooms are awful they smelt, were unclean, the sink was filled with dirty water, horrible.
The staff when we were there were all sat in a area near the pool comparing notes about how awful things were working at the hotel, not the best.
The receptionist on arrival was very welcoming but after that first meeting she became quite rude and had a attitude that she really couldn’t be bothered.
The breakfast I thought was poor. The fruit was not fresh at all , the ham looked awful, the porridge was tasteless and awful. The cooked breakfast was absolutely fine thank goodness.
This hotel needs a complete make over in every way because the location is great and it really could be something. If the rooms were 60.00 per night you could stomach the hotel for a night.

1  Thank Radeph

We value and always take time to listen carefully to reasonable guest feedback. Whilst there are some points made which other guests strongly disagree with, as detailed in the range of positive comments above and below your review, we understand that opinions differ and expectations vary, even with our continued efforts to please. On behalf of our genuinely friendly and happy team, we wish you all the best.