1,092 results
All reviews fistral beach sea view steam room swimming pool coach party course evening meal coach trip friendly hotel table tennis breakfast and dinner short break single room three nights reception staff walk into town night break full english
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We booked a last minute bargain break online and this was the hotel that we were allocated. Although the reviews seemed good I did not have particularly high expectations. We arrived mid afternoon on a Friday and were able to easily park in the hotel's large car park, which was a good start. Location is excellent - a few minutes' walk from Fistral Beach and a 10 minute drive into the town. We had a lovely view of the beach from our room. The hotel offers a great deal - indoor swimming pool, treatment rooms, table tennis, restaurant, bar and cafe. The staff were great - really helpful and friendly. The icing on the cake was how comfortable the bed was and how clean both our room, and the hotel in general, was - everything was spotless. If I had to find negatives I would say that the decor is a little dated and the breakfast dining area had a bit of a cafeteria feel to it - and I would definitely have expected fresh juice at breakfast, not concentrate, but these are minor points and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Fantastic Location
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pash68
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We had been here 2 years ago and had no complaints but this time, firstly we could not get in the room due to carpet grip being bent and my husband got us in but we could not shut It, so called reception and he said he would send someone up, after over an hour no one came so I called again, this time someone came the screws were loose eventually it was fixed, the door was too tight for the carpet still, we also said the vent was not working in the bathroom and it was like a sauna, he said it would b fixed the next day, it never was.
Food wise no complaints I am ceoliac so have to be gluten free, I was looked after very well by our cheerful waitress, she is a credit to the place as are some of the other staff, one thing I found strange is although they closed the bar at eleven due to the law on the last night a chap wanted another drink but was refused as the till was gone, this was at eleven, he asked if it could be put on his room but was told No? I thought residents could do that obviously if they aren't drunk

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely stunning afternoon with a young lady and family away from hospital and appointments I wanted to give them a treat from Heidis Quest
we had the afternoon tea with prosecco or gin heartfelt thank you to staff and hotel for making my treat even better
will definitely will be back! can't recommend the afternoon tea highly enough thank you all
Heidi

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Spend 4 nights as part of a coach party and haven't any complaints. Twin room was clean with a good view and the bed & pillows were very comfortable. Powerful shower and adequate storage space. Staff were helpful & friendly,food was good and the service in the dining room from Sophie was excellent. Entertainment was reasonable but all in all a pleasant stay. Hotel is dog friendly as are a lot of places in Cornwall. Swimming pool and gym if feeling energetic.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We booked this hotel for 2 nights with a Travelzoo deal. Absolutely superb value. The service and customer contact by all staff was excellent, friendly and polite.
Plenty of hot water in bathroom. Towels new and thick. Food was good and hot.
The only reason I have not given this review five stars is because the decor is quite tired and needs updating and pillows could do with being replaced. However for the money we paid and with the excellent service we were very happy. Bus stop outside hotel takes you to bus station to get connecting bus which enabled us to do some coast path walking without using the car.

Room Tip: Third floor have better views and there's a lift.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple