“Wonderful lunchtime meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

We came across the restaurant by accident by wondering off down one of Looe’s little alleyway although I do think there was a sign to point you in that direction. The food was very good and in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Perfect!

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Passed this restaurant many times on various trips to Looe but always busy and fully booked. This time when we visited Looe for the weekend I pre booked a table. My partner and I were not disappointed at all, the food was excellent, as was the service. For me it was perfect; exceptional food with very attentive and friendly staff creating a relaxed dining experience. We were seated up the stairs to your right on the first table for two next to a fish tank and the only thing that I found a little odd was that all the fish food was on display on a shelf above our table; this in no way affected our meal or our evening but It’s such a lovely space up there I just think that the fish food etc could and should be stored out of sight and not on show. If like me you like quality food and great service without the formal pretence that is normally associated with finer dining experiences this is the place to go. I will definatley be booking a table again next time we are in Looe. Fantastic!!

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Had a really great meal at the Sail Loft, food was excellent, nice house wine, the waitress was really friendly. Sad we didn't have time to go back again.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We managed to get an early evening table, were greeted well and shown to our table with an 'i'll be right back for your drink order' well some time later another another member of staff eventually came to serve us. This was the only real problem, three members of staff very hard working and friendly but you feel forgotten at times.
It is a lovely,smart restaurant with elbow room for all, but it was quite cool in there.
We chose off the fixed price menu, the starters were ok but the main belly pork was the best meal we had all week, tasty, moreish and plenty of it, with crackling, great.
When it was 'can we have the bill please' time, waited, asked again, waited, then we just went down and paid at the till (perhaps thats normal here but no-one said so).
Don't really know what would solve these timing issues and it wasn't busy when we were there.
Nice restaurant, fab food, disjointed service, but well worth a visit.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Called in to the old sail loft for an evening meal and very glad I did , had a drink whilst I perused the menu then decided what I was going to have was shown to our table and after a short time the starters arrived, WOW ! now I've been to a few restaurant's in my time and this is one hell of a good one, mains arrived and were of the same standard perfectly cooked flavoursome and impressive I must say a big Thank you to the staff who were all excellent and very friendly i cannot wait to revisit this restaurant and look forward to dining again great food great price a must if your in Looe.