“Good value for money”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Grooms Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Cottages in Milton Brook Estate
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dawn S
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage, very poor amenities ”
Reviewed 20 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I had to call Sharon whilst en route to the cottage to ask her for the full postcode. My Sat Nav needed it to guide us to the cottage. We expected to be met by someone when we arrived who was supposed to hand over the keys and show us around. This was NOT the case. It was another holidaymaker who told us that the key was in the door and just to let ourselves in. The flat was of a good size the lounge and nice family sized lounge shame the sofas were both out and worn. The kitchen was of a good size had everything that you could need in there for weeks break including a dishwasher. 13 bedrooms with a good size the linen was clean and there was a fresh tower on each bed. The family sized bathroom had a large shower cubicle in it, i’m taking it that the water temperature must be capped as we could only ever get the shower to run warm not suitable for everyone. The toilet seat was loose so we had to be careful how we sat on it. Where are some little extras for those who might of needed them a highchair I caught an error that came in handy for swimming things.
The swimming Paul was one of the reasons that I booked this cottage. There was a terrible musty smell as soon as she walked into the pool area. There were black mould spores on the walls and ceiling and part of the ceiling was coming down. There was green algae on the floor around the Pool and white mould on the doorframe of the exit door. I can’t help but wonder if a health inspector has paid a visit here lately as the toilet cubicle door was hanging on one hinge, there was no seat on the toilet and it was disgusting in there. I can’t help but wonder if it was my visit to the pool that gave me a bad stomach whilst we were away.
The family games room had a pool table that had only onequeue for playing with there is a small charge to use the pool table. There are books around the room that holidaymakers may borrow and read and there were a few boardgames in the room which I can’t say if they were whole or not as we didn’t play any.

SurajandN...
London, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 22 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

This is a family friendly apartment, with all the basic's required, including a new kitchen and very large bathroom. We found the place to be clean and enjoyed a relaxing stay. The pool isn't massive, but generally we were the only family in the pool so ample space for kids to play and it was a nice temperature. Real bonus staying directly above the pool so we didn't need to go outside to shower/change. Note:wi-fi isn't very good. We recommend Crocky Trail and Ice Cream Farm nearby for days out with the kids.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
23 Aug 2017
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Reviewed 24 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
26 Dec 2016
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you again next year!
3ems
scotland
“Outstanding ”
Reviewed 16 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Having read a recent negative review after booking, I was a bit concerned what we'd find when myself, husband and our friends used Grooms and Dairy cottage for a catch up weekend, however, I should never have worried.

We didn't expect 5 star as we weren't paying 5 star rates, however, the setting is idyllic, the cottages quaint, spotlessly clean and well equipped. The pool and games room added extras for a similar price that I've paid in the past for so much less amenities.
The village is 10 minutes walk away along a country path and the local pub, The White Horse is very welcoming
We loved it so much that we've all agreed to return, same time, same place next year. I've also contacted the owners to book for a family weekend with all the kids as I know they'll love it.

Marklewis...
“Mr”
Reviewed 28 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I'm lucky enough to go away six / seven times a year with my children and haven't written a poor review for a long time but this property unfortunately deserves one.
My wife and children arrived a day before me, when they got there the owner was rushing around and said ' I was supposed to have retired a few years ago, don't want to buy this place do you?
The owner gave my wife the key to Grooms cottage and then said' I'll show you around, hang on I won't, it will take too long , I'll just show you the swimming pool!
Not that filled with confidence from her greeting my wife found her own way around the cottage. When I arrived I had a good look around. Now,I own a restaurant so I'm OCD about cleaning, but even in somebody else's property you expect a certain standard. You don't need four holes in the wall with broken plaster by the child's lower bunk bed, hair from previous guests on top of white skirting boards,mosquitoes which have been squashed on the walls in two bedrooms and left there,cleaning items left in a heap at the bottom of the stairs,cobwebs galore, a sock left under a radiator ( I was searching for my sons lego but it was still visible without bending down) . Then to top it all on the Wednesday my 12 year old daughter was going to sleep on the top bunk bed to keep my 3 year old company in the night and she's finds wet bed sheets( urine) SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH! The owner was rung and told , she simply said sorry and couldn't understand how they got there.
Swimming pool was freezing but the owner did at least get it heated somewhat.
The whole property is in need of some tlc, things like missing and loose roof tiles, very faded signage all over the place. I can't comment on the other properties there but Grooms cottage, apart from the problems above which could easily be fixed, Is looking tired. Sofas are years old, as are the carpets. Pine furniture was in fashion 30 years ago but it's worn and doesn't help with the overall look.
An ideal spot for visiting Chester and surrounding
areas.Unfortunately, if this is the sort of accommodation that Holiday Lettings offer, I won't be booking with them again either.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing