7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$105
eDreamsUS$105
Trip.comUS$105
Orbitz.comUS$105
4,060 results
All reviews double tree mpw restaurant warm cookies hoole hall garden restaurant garden room lovely hotel my partner lovely grounds afternoon tea lovely touch cheshire oaks huge bed changing rooms following morning a lovely stay evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2021

Today we were met by two very cold unwelcoming reception staff who began our day off to a bad start.
Next we were given a two hour slot for the aromatherapy pool etc, which was inconvenient as our treatments were booked during this hour, and so we missed out on an hour of the pool area.
Then was the very poor pedicure received, which subsequently had peeled off by the end of the afternoon.
Following this there was no reservation made for our afternoon tea (which was part of the spa package) and we were made to feel this was our fault.

We complained to the supervisor at the end of the day, which was a waste of time as no apology was given and the supervisor was unable to think of a solution to our dissatisfaction. Altogether ruining the experience, which was supposed to be a memory made for my sister-in-laws birthday.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mark Astbury, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Spa Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2021

Dear lucyabcd,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester.

Please accept our sincerest apologies that your time with us was not was expected. Please be assured that all of your comments will be addressed with the relevant teams to ensure that the service and facilities that we offer continue to improve.

We would really like the opportunity to Make it Right and would ask if you could contact one of our Guest Services Mangers Rachel, as TripAdvisor is an anonymous forum we are not aware of your booking details. Please contact her at rachel.jay@doubletreechester.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and spa in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2021

I am a huge fan of this place so finally got enough time off work to have a 5 day break here, I booked weeks before so was so looking forward to it 5* breakfasts in the hotel, afternoons in beautiful cafes, long works and visits to the cathedral then spar in the late afternoon, dinner in the bar and early nights I was exhausted. Most of this happened except the spar.

Day one visit to the spar I asked to book a session for the next door to be told YOU CAN NOT DO THAT!!! She was mortified I wanted to book the next day, I was sharpe told to come back tomorrow. Day two, goes to spar to book for later in the day "Are you!! staying here!!? I said I was and my account was currently open, "ok you can come in at 4 thats £40" I said "it will be added to my room bill" She says "no it has to be paid now" by this time I was fed up with her attitude 2 days running, so I told her to add it to my room, and we walked away.

Next day Daggers when we went to book for a swim as soon as they had availability, again she demanded £40, I politely said add it to my room, she was clearly not happy. We were granted immediate access, so my travel partner went up to the room to get the swimming costumes, I sat and waited, the women from the spar walked passed as fast as she could with a green slip of paper, presumably making sure I was good for the £40 credit to my room! Whilst in the spar I discussed with my travel partner the attitude we had experience, so we decided not to go to the spar for the last 3 days of our visit, this was so sad it was the the thing I was most looking forward too as well as sleep.

They currently have very strict covid rules, which I loved, you only get housekeeping if you ask. Even when there was not covid I never used housekeeping as I do not mind keeping my room tidy and making my bed, I also change my own towels with the maid. I suppose I try to be a good guest.

We then started to look for other places we could go swimming and found a local pool so I could still swim, (I only ever use the spar for a swim and sit in the jacuzzi ) but then we got to thinking if one of the main attraction to this hotel is taken away do I really need to stay here?

I would miss the staff especially Steph on reception, but we could always just pop in for a coffee and say hi to her. so thats why I am not sure we will come back. I so needed a hassle free break too.

Most of the rooms are warm to hot, however if you like a room you can cool down fast try 151 153 they get no direct sun, they are great

Room tip: if you like a cooler room 151, 153
Date of stay: September 2021

Dear 773Matmat,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again recently and for taking the time to share your review of your experience during your time here at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester.

We are always grateful when our guests give us such detailed feedback and we would like to assure you that your comments will be used to improve the service that we offer here.

Your kind words regarding the level of service offered by Steph is very much appreciated and we will be sure to let her know, as all of our team love to hear how they have a positive impact on our guests stays.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future when you are in Chester.

Reviewed 24 October 2021

Gorts of all location. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CAR! I walked there and the combination of an excess of weight, a lack of fitness and a historic injury contributed to being virtually sisbaled. lucily this hoel has a spa and i went and booked a massage. I was able to walk out and got up the next day with less sound effects.
The food and service was top-notch, and should i travel to chester by a different method I'd be sure to stay there agin.

Dear DanRSN,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time here and that you have such positive memories of your stay. Our location is approximately 2.5 miles away from Chester city centre, however we are in a great location for exploring the local area by car.

Should you travels bring you back to Chester in the future we hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 October 2021

Great stay, thank you to all staff and Mark Guest service manager for helping with our booking.
Missed the cookies, hope you bring them back soon as a trade mark of doubletree.
Loved the new rooms so much nicer than what we stayed in 2 years ago.
We will be back next time in the area for a longer stay

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Mark Astbury, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Spa Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2021

Dear Louise G,

Thank you for returning to stay with us again recently and for sharing your lovely review of your time here.

It is fantastic to learn that you have such positive memories of your time here and that you loved your room on the west wing.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 October 2021 via mobile

Hannah delivered excellent customer service through out my stay here.

Came here for my girlfriends anniversary and it was my first visit. Brilliant facilities, modern rooms and excellent staff. Upon arrival into our room we was given 2 complimentary drink vouchers along with a little note saying happy anniversary and rose petals. Honestly the double tree went above and beyond with customer service. The spar was brilliant, I am certainly feeling relaxed now.

Will definitely be back soon

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jamesedwards_8,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to share your lovely review of your time here at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester.

We really enjoy helping our guests celebrate special occasions, such as an anniversary, and we are delighted that Hannah's efforts to make your stay even more special were appreciated.

The greatest compliment that our guests can give us is stating that they would return to our hotel again in the future and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.