All reviews byron suite wordsworth room two sinks sunday lunch cocktail bar full body roast potatoes night life small hotel be visiting again member of staff great shower full english friendly hotel central location the pub bar area
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Honestly I don't think you could find a better place for the price. Very central location, well equipped bedroom and bathroom, friendly staff, comfortable bed. What more could you ask for?
No food I'd served mondays and Tuesdays which was a little disappointing but the hotel is within walking distance of so many good restaurants that this really wasn't a problem
I've already booked to come and stay here again, it's a lovely little find in the heart of Chester.

Room Tip: We stayed in Keats which was nice and out of the way.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel overnight with my friend in The Coleridge Room.
It was clean, cosy, I loved the bath and the super full body shower.
The room was overlooking courtyards, great for a bit of people watching.
Although it was weekend,the pumping music from the bars downstairs didn't bother seem that noticeable.
I am looking forward to a return visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C6132NOkarenw
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Pleasant welcome (or luring customers).Promised best food in city.Meat was raw,rest of bits and pieces of portion were burnt,vine diluted,one portion of side for all of us.Not reasonably priced.Wrong receipt.Furnishings and background unfavorable.Every one dissapear in the end and only one person who has nothing to do with us has had to justify himself for all.Can't feel satisfited..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the commercial hotel Halloween weekend ! Must be the quirkiest place have ever stayed!
Lovely room we had the Keats room om 2nd floor it was the furthest away from the music underfloor heating in the bathroom lovely bath double sinks and a jet walk in shower. Lots of little touches too which are always lovely in a hotel room (shower gel hand cream cotton wool tea making facilities etc bottle water )
Staff were lovely very accommodating as after reading the website realised on Saturdays the music is on until 3am! And we had an extra hour of it as the clocks went back! So they gave us the room at the top furthest away. Breakfast was fantastic and bigger than any one I've had in a hotel before no skimping on the sausage and bacon . It's quite hard to find if u don't know area even with Google map we struggled to find it and had to be pointed down the tiny alley it was down u have to look out for the victoria and basically it's behind/ on top of that but sign posting was pretty poor . We did get to sleep even though music was on to early hours but this wouldn't suit some people who were after a quiet night away we did manage to mingle with the parry goers until 1am though!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I stayed herewith friends for 2 nights, I was a bit concerned due to some reviews stating it was a noisy hotel, we found quite the reverse.
The rooms were clean with nice touches, very comfy beds, squash with the water, biscuits to go with coffee and really lovely bathrooms, good toiletries with soft towels.
The room was very quiet, even with the windows open and I had a really good,nights sleep.

Room Tip: Stay on a Sunday and Monday
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends