“Very comfortable”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

christie6...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 14 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Had a couple of nights here while seeing family , nice clean comfortable beds . Lovely house very spacious and wecome seating area outside .
Many thanks would definately return , well sutuated for river walks

27 Jul 2018
wonderful really pleased that you enjoyed your stay
Caroline...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I stayed at this cottage with my 3 female friends during the weekend of 23rd March. We had specifically requested by email and text that three separate beds should be made up and bedding provided for a camp bed. Unfortunately, upon our arrival this had not been done and we had to contact the owners and wait for them to come out and rectify this.

Our stay in the cottage was pleasant although we felt that some TLC in the bathroom was required.

However, when I returned home on the Sunday, I discovered that I had left my phone charger behind which was extremely inconvenient as I use my phone for work. I immediately sent an email and a text describing where I had left it, that I would be very grateful for the return and that I would pay the postage. I received a reply from Dawn saying that she would be happy to do this. My phone charger did not arrive so I sent another email, followed by two more. I received no response to any of these. I was surprised at this as I received no more contact from the hosts and no explanation as to why. I really do feel that communication is of paramount importance when booking accommodation and in this case there was a breakdown before we arrived at the property up until after we had left. I remain very disappointed.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
18 Apr 2018
Caroline i'm very disappointed myself to read your review, i did explain to you in the first email that i would access the property as soon as i could this inevitably was 6 days later as we had guests checking in to the cottage the evening that you checked out. i recovered your phone charger and posted it to the address that you gave me.

i'm sorry if this hasn't been received i didn't contact to ask for payment as i found the amount was to small to be worth while, and i absorbed the cost for you, this isn't always possible with the amount of property left on a regular basis.

I do feel that the time in waiting for a phone charger left in the property by yourself you could properly have purchased another rather than borrowing one, phone chargers are so accessible now a days.

You also highlighted that there was a problem with bed configurations and at times these things can happen, there must have been a miss communication with the cleaner, but as soon as you phoned and informed us my husband attended within 20mins to rectify the beds. this was done very quickly and all members of your group were very happy and understanding at the time.

As far as we are concerned we have done all we can for you, sorry if you feel differently. our aim is for you to have a lovely stay in Chester, and from previous correspondence with yourself i believe you absolutely did just that.
Jackjess1...
“Such a beautiful house, perfect location”
Reviewed 16 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Thankyou for a lovely stay at your house. We stayed here for 2 days on my birthday weekend and the house was everything we wished for. It is beautifully decorated and the beds were super comfy. This house is great for familes or like us, couples who want to enjoy a weekend in Chester. The location is perfect, a five minute walk from the town and I can image it to be lovely in the summer where you can enjoy the outside terrace. We will 100% be looking to return and would recommend in a second.

18 Mar 2018
Thank you Guys so much its lovely to hear, Please do get in touch with us when your back in the area, we would love to have you come stay with us again and again. PS. Happy belated Birthday.
Slisa92
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“I want to move in!”
Reviewed 3 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Oh what can I say! It's simply perfect, a beautiful home from home. Warm, cosy and comfortable and a short walk from the city centre.
There is everything you need in the property and Dawn & Kieran gave the impression that nothing is too much trouble.
The key lock box is very handy as you don't have to worry about checking in bang on time and you can come and go as you wish.

From the moment we walked in our stay was simply brilliant.

A small bit of feedback would be to have a sharper knife in the kitchen but that's just being very picky! Other than that I can't fault it.

I can't wait to return and stay in this beautiful cottage again.

18 Mar 2018
Thank you so much i'm really really pleased you enjoyed your stay. We will look into getting the sharper knives, we don't want guests to struggle with blunt knives. thanks for letting us know so we can improve this. Cant wait to see you again please do get in touch if your in the area. Dawn
Sightsee6...
“short break with family”
Reviewed 30 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

we stayed here for 2 night just before Christmas and the whole stay was fantastic,the cottage is very well equipped with 2 upstairs bedrooms one of which is en suite,and also a sofa bed in the lounge,there was a downstairs shower room separate dining room and kitchen it really was home from home,and to top it all just a short walk in to Chester

1 Feb 2018
So very pleased you enjoyed your stay, its a pleasure to hear this and please do get in touch with us again should you fancy a little break away again. take care Dawn & Kieran
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing