“Great cafe”
Review of Stir

Stir
Ranked #15 of 65 Quick Bites in Cambridge
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Lots of choice and a modern up to date menu-lots of smashed avocado and sourdough! Lots of healthy options. Always busy with people and a nice ambience. Good for children. Surprised at the last couple of negative reviews. I always enjoy my lunch and think how busy and well this cafe must be doing when I visit. Nothing else in the locality, really good for Chesterton.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Service: Poor, with unreasonably hostile staff stating that it was not possible to place an order for five minutes, despite a half-empty cafe.

Food: One of the worst prepared and sparsely topped pizza's that I have ever had the misfortune of purchasing and eating. With barely any seasoning,literally four pieces of thinly sliced chorizo, an eighth of a red pepper resting upon a sugary tomato sauce, both of my children refused to eat the pizza, and my husband and I only ate it because we were very hungry (and now disappointed).

The base was nice, but the person that created this 'pizza' needs to visit the Salisbury Arms just off Mill Road, sample their take on pizza's, and then reimagine, reinvent and try again, in fact in all honesty, Stir should perhaps just stick to selling coffee (which itself is served in underwhelming cups).

I have been to this cafe a handful of times in the last year, while my last and final visit was to try out the pizza's, which 'allegedly' sell out swiftly. However, neither 'taste' or 'tastebuds' are delivered or satisfied, which suggests that Stir is more about superficiality and profit than actual substance, thus I would not recommend this venue and will not be returning anytime soon.

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank Natasha E
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Very big place with plenty of seats, family friendly and extremely busy on Sat/Sun at brunch time.

Nice atmosphere, slightly more expensive than I would expect, menu is typical pub/cafe for brunch and small salads or plates for a light lunch.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Stir has great potential. It’s definitely packed and a very popular cafe. The food is good. The service however is what keeps us from going back. We gave it 3 chances but kept encountering the same issues.

Visit number 1 was on a Sunday. We arrived 1 hour before the posted closing time only to be told that they are closing early today as it’s not busy. It’s on the other side of town for us and a trek with 2 small children. We got annoyed and went elsewhere.

Visit number 2 was on a Saturday evening for one of their food truck events. This time we arrived about 2 hours before posted closing time. SAME ISSUE! We bought the food but had to scarf it down as again they were closing as it’s not very busy. Others were arriving and leaving annoyed.

Visit number 3. This time we just happened to be in the neighborhood so against our better judgment went it again. It was the middle of a weekday so nowhere close to closing time. The food was ok nothing to write home about at least compared to other similar Cambridge cafes (Hot Numbers is still my fave). The service was still bad. One time my fork dropped on the floor, a server walking by picked it up and gave it right back to me (yes the one that had been on the floor).

We definitely won’t be going back a fourth time.

Date of visit: August 2017
3  Thank travellerwanabe
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

One of the best cafes in town. Spacious, clean, open, great staff, great clientele, quality food and prices matching, easy to park outside premises, great location (outside city centre) which makes it more appealing. Been there for a few times and always felt welcoming and cozy. Will come back and recommend.

Date of visit: February 2018