All reviews john lewis tgi fridays frankie and bennys mars bar trouser press convenient location room rate business trip breakfast was excellent plenty of parking stayed one night bar and restaurant evening meal double bed good nights sleep saturday night an overnight stay
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Very smart looking hotel and friendly and helpful receptionists. Room on ground floor as requested but yet again an assumption that physically challenged people can get into a bath to shower. Food ok but very functional and not much choice. Breakfast much better. Comfortable bed in a room overlookinga courtyard.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn H, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Bill,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn High Wycombe for your recent accommodation requirements and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It is with pleasure to read your lovely comments regarding our staff members. We continual strive towards achieving service of excellence and very rewarding when guests comment on the friendly and helpful service they receive. I will personally make sure that your comments our passed on to all team members.
We do really appreciate receiving feedback such as yours in order to take on board guests comments and continue to improve our services.

I would like to take this time to thank you for being our guest, and we do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently and the room was the usual fare, acceptable if nothing special. I decided not to go out but rather stay in as three was some football on TV. I ordered soup as a starter and fish and chips , nothing difficult or challenging one might think. The main course came before the starter but only by about 1 min so something was going to get cold. I decided on eating the main course first, this was a serious disappointment. Neither the fish nor the chips appeared to be properly cooked , both had cold spots and some of the chips were actually cold and al dente. The soup now cool was better than the fish but did not rescue the overall experience. I might have to go back for work given location but I will certainly not be eating in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn HIGH WYCOMBE M40, JCT. 4.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your dining expectations. I have discussed your feedback with the Head Chef who would also like to pass on his sincere apologies in the short fall of the service.
The Head Chef has discussed your comments with his entire team in order for that this remains an isolated experience.

We continually strive towards achieving a service of excellence and do appreciate feedback such as yours to be able to coach our team in order to help achieve this.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory dining experience was an exception.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly admin@hihighwycombe.com.

Sincerely

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I stay in Holiday Inns at least once a week, behind a gold member of their loyalty programme. I usually stay in Maidenhead but it was prohibitively priced this week, meaning a deviation to this place. The hotel is next to a cinema, Frankie and Bennys (albeit terrible quality food), a large Asda/McDonalds (that only sells Big Macs), Waitrose and a leisure centre (which is a good job, as the hotel has no pool or gym facilities at all). The rooms are small and pretty dated, like going back in time to the 90s. There doesn't appear to be a lift so disabled customers would have to use the ground floor. I went down for dinner one evening as I didn't fancy going out - but after standing to wait for a table for 10 minutes with no staff showing up, I decided to walk to a nearby restaurant instead.

The thing that really let this place down however was the terrible standard of housekeeping. Over the course of my 5 night stay, I had missing towels, mugs and glasses not collected on several nights (despite being very dirty and obviously placed), rubbish not collected, floor not vacuumed (I tested it on one occasion by placing a subtle piece of dirt on the floor that was still there the following night). Very poor show and lets the brand down as a whole.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the courtyard rather than the M40. A lot quieter this side.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Holiday Inn H, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we are saddened to learn you were dissatisfied.

We have taken note of your detailed feedback and please be rest assured we have discussed each point in our OP’s meeting with the Head of each department within the hotel.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.

Sincerely

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I went to meet a couple of business colleagues at this hotel 12 days ago and have just received a Parking Charge Notice for £100.

The hotel say that there are signs, but they are well hidden - obviously!

Don’t get caught by this scam!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn High Wycombe.

Please accept our apologies for the fact that you have received a parking fine while visiting the hotel and also be rest assured that as a business the ultimate reason of having these cameras is to avoid people not leaving cars in our car park. Parking in our hotel is free.

I can confirm that there are several notice boards in the car park, signs at either side of the hotels entrance, posters displayed immediately as you walk into the lobby area, on the reception desk, bar, as well as cards placed on the tables in the bar and lobby area outlining the above procedure.

We have the parking procedure in place so that we are able to provide hotel users with free car parking and avoid non hotel users abusing it.

While the hotel does not directly get involved in resolving these fines, we have assurances from ParkingEye that they would cancel the charge as long as guests can prove that they were in the hotel using its facilities such as receipts or an invoice. If you need any assistance with that please feel free to contact us directly.

I understand that this is not the outcome that you would have hoped for and we am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Hotel Management.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Like the many other people complaining, I have used this hotel cafe for many years for business meetings and no problem parking for an hour. In August I stayed 62 minutes at received a £100 "fine". The signage is very poor. This is simply a scam. Never again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe M
Holiday Inn H, Manager at Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Joe,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn High Wycombe for your recent meeting needs.

Hotel Management.