See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I would never stay here or advise it to anyone. It had no lockers, very unclean, stained yellow bedsheets and it smelt of rotting cheese. I would really not stay here, ever. The staff were nice but we really just had to go.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Rosie S
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

The hostel was great for the price and had an extremely convenient location to explore the city. They were very helpful with sending an item that I left behind to my location. The hostel doesn't have an elevator so a lower floor level would be recommended if you stay there.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Eva4095
Reviewed 22 September 2016

It is nice place. All people are friendly and after some time you starting to feel like home. The location is in very good place - city center and it is the biggest plus. Of course rooms are with old furniture and walls really need painting, need some renovation.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank agnekiel
Reviewed 19 July 2016

It's very central but that's as good as it gets. The place is really run down and quite shabby. I found the staff and people pleasant enough but it felt more like a halfway house rather than a hostel. If your going to spend that kind of money you could do way better. I wish I read the reviews before I booked. Really loud street noise.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Most people live at this hostel long-term. If you need somewhere to stay short-term (1 month) whilst looking for somewhere else to live, it'll be fine. If you're in Bristol for a holiday, definitely not. The staff do a good job of keeping it clean, however it is an old building and it's full of mould. The staff do a good job, but without the owner providing any kind of maintenance, they're fighting a losing battle. I met a few really great people here, but unfortunately the majority were incredibly rude and it felt like a pretty hostile environment a lot of the time. It is always busy and always loud, but I slept quite well (on the top floor). The wifi didn't work in my bedroom.

Date of stay: September 2015