DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
US$71
US$115
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$119
US$113
Travelocity
1,872 results
All reviewskiln restaurantdouble treeglass kilnwarm cookieswelcome cookieon arrivalcity centrelovely hoteltrain stationtemple meads stationreception staffgood sizebusiness tripbreakfast was excellentenjoyable staytwin roomcar park
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here in February for two nights. It is convenient for Temple Meads station, St Mary Redcliffe church, and the city centre and there is on-site parking. Bristol is continuing to develop that part of the city and so your satnav might have to be ignored as you wend your way through the road closures and changes to routes.
The room was warm, quiet and pleasant with a lovely view of St Mary Redcliffe opposite. The beds were comfortable and there was a chaise longue instead of the usual armchair. The bathroom was adequate with a decent supply of toiletries and thick towels.
Unfortunately the public areas are not attractive. The reception area is in a wide open space leading onto a bar and seating areas. The colour scheme is dull and the furniture does not look comfortable. It needs to be made to look and feel more cosy in order to tempt guests to spend any time there.
In the 17th century, Bristol was one of the most prosperous cities in England due in part to its glass-making industry. We had breakfast in the Kiln restaurant which celebrates this history. It is a huge conical shaped room and was staffed by pleasant waitresses, but it too feels functional rather than comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that overall, you had a comfortable stay with us. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the public areas and that it took away from your experience. What a pity you didn't spend some time in our lounge bar area. I can assure you the seating (arm chairs and sofas) are very comfortable and the Bar team are a very friendly group of people.

We are very lucky to have a former glass kiln as our restaurant. it really is a one of a kind space. I have seen another such building as part of a museum up in the Midlands. However, I don't think you could get a full English breakfast in there!

I do hope that your travels will bring you back to Bristol soon, as we would all love to be able to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

All the comforts of home, well situated in the Bristol City Center. The hotel is easy walking distance to the train station as well as many interesting tourist attractions, shopping and dining. Rooms are very comfortable with real A/C for those times that mother nature doesn't behave. The fitness studio, bar, and a restaurant give you all the comforts of home.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay in an online review. Your scoring us with a solid 5/5, is very much appreciated.

It's great to read your first comments regarding the location of our hotel. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better located hotel within Bristol, for accessing all the areas of the city. We're just a short walk from some of the major different parts, including the harbourside, the shopping district and, should you be arriving by train, we're a simple 4 minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads train station.

We do our best to make our guests feel at home, which can be a hard task as, often is the case, there is no place to match home. However, if we can make our guests feel even a little bit like as comfortable as they are at home, then we have succeeded. For us this starts with the Cookie. It's a warm and friendly greeting, that we hope continues throughout our guests stay.

Once again, a really big thank you for your review. I do hope that we will be seeing you back in Bristol again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 2 nights on 13th and 14th of April. Booked through booking .com because it was cheaper than booking it through hilton honours, although I am a member. Paid £309.90 for 2 nights bed and breakfast in a deluxe king room. Not worth it. On check in I was told I would not be receiving any points on my hilton honours account because I hadn't booked it through them.
I was not told where the restaurant was or what time breakfast was.
The room was disappointing, the shower cubicle was just inside the bathroom door and was tiny, in order to dry you had to step out of the shower and go further into the bathroom leaving puddles on the floor because there was no room to dry in front of the shower.
Reception/bar area was cold, as was the restaurant.
Good points, bed was very comfortable and we slept well, breakfast was very good as was the evening meals, staff in both the restaurant and bar area were very efficient and friendly.
Hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the harbourside and 5 minutes walk from the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am sorry that you were left with a feeling of disappointment after your stay with us. I can confirm that you will not earn Hilton Honor points on a stay booked through a third party agent. You may see some better rates on such websites but if you call Hilton Guest Assistance, the rate will be matched, if not beaten, thus enabling you to get a great rate and earn your points too. I know that Bristol was very busy on the weekend you stayed, which would have meant the rates were higher throughout all the hotels in the city.

I am a little surprised to read your comments regarding your room. I have always found that there is sufficient space in our King Deluxe bathrooms. There is also a bathmat provided, which should avoid any puddles being made. I am very pleased to read that you found your bed very comfortable, sleeping well and what better way to set yourself up for a busy day exploring Bristol, than an all you can eat buffet in our Kiln restaurant.

I do hope that this has not permanently marred your opinion of the hotel. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The room was small but clean and comfortable and contained everything I needed (including Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries!) I was here for a conference and the conference room was great, bottles of water were replenished, drinks and snacks at breaks and a varied buffet at lunch (with a good selection for vegetarians, although not labelled which would have been useful). It was great having the gym to use after being sat in lectures all day, it's Small, and I'm not a regular gym goer but it did what I needed (could have done with better air con). Breakfast was Lovely, so much to choose from! It was nice to sit in the bar to relax with a drink (but no fevertree tonic ). Loved the cookie you got at check in... can I have one when I check out?!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of your stay and use of our conference facilities. Your awarding us with a score of 5/5 is very much appreciated.

It is not very often that we get reviews that take into account accommodation as well as use of our conference facilities, so I am really pleased that you have shared your experience this way. It's great to read that the hotel ticked all your boxes on both accounts. You were well looked after during your conference but more than able to relax and unwind afterwards, using the hotel facilities. Our gym is open 24/7 and admittedly is not the size of a Fitness First. It does have a bit of everything and you will only ever rarely have to queue for the machines.

Now the Cookies... Very popular amongst all of our guests. Did you ask for one on check-out? If not, you'll have to come back and try it next time. The Cookies are delicious and have been a part of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand for about 30 years!

I do hope that you'll be returning to Bristol some time in the near future, perhaps for a leisure break? We'd love to be able to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Stayed one night in this hotel, with my daughter. Tried to book a twin room but none were available. Received a call from the hotel encouraging me to upgrade to a king room, then we would have more space and the bed could be split. This was at a cost of £20. Slightly disappointed on arrival as the room didn't feel especially spacious, the 'split' between the beds was a matter of inches (which was fine, but not £20-worth of a split). Apparently the upgrade also included the coffee machine and some bottled water. I heard someone else checking in to the hotel who also wanted a twin room, who was also being encouraged to upgrade. I have queried this with the hotel, and apparently there are 30 twin rooms. So, just a heads up, to get in quick if you prefer a twin, or your only choice will be a £20 upgrade, which must be quite easy money for Hilton. Other than that, room was quite comfortable and staff were polite. Well located if arriving at Bristol Temple Meads.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am sorry that you were a little disappointed with your stay. As my colleague has already explained, we only have a limited number of Twin rooms within the hotel. For weekends, these get booked very, very quickly and often a long time in advance. The beds in our standard Double rooms are normal beds and cannot be made into twins. Only our King rooms contain beds that can be split into two separate beds. Our King rooms cost £20 more because they contain a king size bed, as well as a Nespresso coffee machine and bottled water.

Aside from the above, I am pleased to read that you had a good stay with us and were comfortable during your stay.

I do hope that you would consider using us in any future visits to Bristol. We would very much like to be able to welcome you back once again.