“Disappointing ”
Review of Urban Kohinoor

Ranked #155 of 1,847 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Urban Kohinoor has a sister restaurant called Urban Tandoor. Over the years, our sister restaurant has been widely featured in a number of newspapers and publications, gaining widespread praise for the quality of their food. It is our intention to bring the same high standards to the food served at Urban Kohinoor.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The reviews were very positive so was really looking forward to this newly vamped curry house but it was not as crummy yummy curry as expected
Service was fine, staff friendly but there was no wow, I have a love for tandoori so ordered the half chicken and it was dry,the taka dhal tasteless but the naan bread was delicious
Won’t hurry back which is such a shame as I expected so much more

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank BristolJacko

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with friends on a Thursday night. It seems very busy already and booking is a must! The guys recognised us from our visits to the Urban Tandoor previously. The food is really excellent - seafood perfectly cooked and brilliant spicing. One member of our party said he would have preferred more sauce but we can ignore him as he is an idiot.

Only small complaint - no soft furnishings + busy restaurant = pretty loud...

Date of visit: March 2018
6  Thank Moog255
MYDDROSH, Manager at Urban Kohinoor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Respected Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement.

Glad you had a nice time us.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Many of you who read my reveiws will know I am not into superlatives or gushing praise or even damning critique. I have eaten at many many Indian restaurants worldwide and last night stopped by with a party of 9 for a birthday meal.

The restaurant was extremely busy which worried me as I thought we would have to wait a long time, or that errors could be made, or that the service would be poor. My misconceptions were crushed.

The service was excellent; continually checking we had all we needed without being intrusive; the food was astonishingly and had that rare combination of being tasty and satisfying without being over fatty. Light and well balanced. I had the beef sukka (slow cooked shin of beef) but everyone in our party commented on the quality of their meal including the lightness of the naan breads. As for timing - one wonders how they managed to cope with so much good food for so many people with such a rapid service. Well done.

I will certainly return again with my wife to try a more romantic two seaters but to be honest I don't think it will ever be that quiet.

So can I criticise them? Yes but only by being REALLY REALLY picky. Their website address lists the location as being in Avon - a county that has not existed since 1991 some 27 years ago. It is actually found in the city and county of Bristol. Come on guys - really??? What's more important, food or the website?

7  Thank Arkay56

Respected Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderfully penned review.

Glad you were happy with our food and beverage offerings.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I’d been to their other restaurant in the centre and already felt it’s one of the best in Bristol and I was happy to find this was on a par. The menus v interesting so much so I had to order a starter of soft shelled crab which was really flavoursome. My top tip if you’re a lamb lover is have the lamb shank it delicious and comes with all the accompaniments- mini naans and rice. My friend next to me commented it was the best lime pickle he’d ever had- high praise. We were a largish group of 10 which they dealt with efficiency, service was prompt and friendly.

6  Thank vixter2016
MYDDROSH, Manager at Urban Kohinoor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Respected Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement.

Glad you had a nice time with us.

Urban kohinoor

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Above average Indian, good quality ingredients pleasant service, reasonable price. Will definitely go again

6  Thank 467kierang

Respected Guest,

Thank you very much for your time to review Urban Kohinoor.

Glad you were happy with our food and beverage offerings.