“Excellent service and delicious food”

Morgan & Mac's Stepaside
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Stepaside
Price range: US$11 - US$43
Description: Restaurant & bar located in Stepaside Village serving classic European dishes, extensive wine menu, gin & cocktail bar.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We had a great mid week lunch in this lounge. There were 6 of us in the group. We were greeted by the waitress and were given a table immediately. We were all happy with our food and the service given. The roast beef sandwich was particularly delicious. Special mention also for the coffee which is definitely the best around. Unfortunately we were too stuffed to try the scones which looked yummy! We will definitely be returning.

7  Thank Annette B

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Just got out of the restaurant and extremely disappointed. The manager saw us standing at the door and asked a girl who was cleaning a table to sit us. Girl tells us to sit anywhere we liked and left. We had to wait for someone else to get us menus. Not a great start when you’ve only 5 tables and 3 waitresses + 1 manager on the floor on a Sunday.

The same girl that gave us our menus got our drink orders and came back shortly with it and took our food order. We ordered some poached eggs and an egg’s ben between my boyfriend and I. Food arrived a little over 10mins later. Cutlery arrived after.

There was barely a tablespoon of hollandaise sauce on both of my eggs for the eggs ben. Honey roasted ham was very salty. My food was so dry I had to go up to the bar to ask for more sauce. Extra hollandaise came shortly after and it was room temperature and clumpy. Sliced open the poached eggs and they were different levels of cooked: one nearly hardboiled and the other was just cooked. Neither were runny at all. I always order eggs Ben when I go for brunch/breakfast — this is not how poached eggs are cooked.

My boyfriend’s food was better, although his eggs were the same. Both our salads didn’t seem fresh and mine had no dressing at all.

We finished eating at around 12.44 (I checked because we had somewhere to be after). Waited for about ten minutes for our plates to be cleared while watching one waitress clean a table from a group that just left. 2 were at the bar making coffees + the manager seemingly cleaning the bar. Piled up our plates myself and still nothing. Had to go up to the bar to pay for bill.

I’ve worked in restaurants for 3 years and know that this is very poor behavior from staff. They seemed very inexperienced. No regard for prioritizing tasks. Manager was not very helpful either. Lots of room for improvement on both the waitstaff and kitchen.

5  Thank Sam F
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here tonight with four family members. We were seated quite quickly even though we had not got a reservation. All four meals were delicious and served with a smile and friendly chat. They were very nicely presented and piping hot. There is a lovely ambience and welcoming feel about the place. I would have no hesitation recommending this restaurant and will definitely return.

4  Thank NewHorizonsIreland
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Avoid if you looking for a place for a nice reasonably quiet drink. Morgan and Macs look they’re they trying to position themselves as the replacement bookies from across the road with horse racing blaring out from the tv and Betting slips on the counter ffs! We thought we were the only ones annoyed with the clam our until two other local couples downed their drinks and told us they’d had enough. If you enjoy the life of a skanger then this is the place for you. Last night I’ll come back this place - and it was going so well with their comeback.

4  Thank John R
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

This new restaurant does not live up to the previous restaurants that occupied this space.

The service is very scatty and unorganised.

The food is normal gastropubby type stuff like fish and chips and chicken schnitzel but not very well executed.

Whatever weird batter was on my fish, there were substantial pockets of white,unpleasant, pasty stuff surrounding the fish.

All in all it's pub food, not cheap and not great.

Be much better off going across the road to the step inn

1  Thank Foody F