“I'm a member”
Review of Huapai Golf Club

Huapai Golf Club
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Love this place. Can be wet and slippery in parts but overall a great course . Good facilities and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

A very pleasant place to have a reasonably price lunch , a beer and a wine. Lovely outlook over the golf club ,, with a pleasing range of good food from sandwiches to fish and chips, makes a change from the usual cafe culture. most pleasant staff, and if you are inclined there are poker machines. You can look up the menu and open hours online.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've just completed a year's membership at Huapai and loved my time there. It's great value for money given that the course layout is both interesting and challenging. The greens are also very good most of the year. I was also very impressed at the ongoing work to improve the course and make it more playable all year round.

You couldn't ask for a nicer course owner in Baldy and the members are a great laugh. I was sad to leave but just wanted to try somewhere else for a year. I'll probably be back at some point.

The only reason that it loses a star is because the fairways do dry out in the summer. The only way around that is fairway sprinklers so it's a big ask for a club that doesn't charge much for membership.

1  Thank CarlEdinburgh
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My brother being a member, helped, but they made me, a very part time golfer no longer belonging to any club, feel very welcome, even proving a cart for us as my brother is recovering from a serious illness. We set out, knowing we might not last the full 18 holes but determined to give it a go anyway. The course is beautifully laid out with all fairways fully signposted, and the greens the best I have ever played on. We didnt make it right round but that was no problem, we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and also enjoyed a lovely light meal and a few beers back at a well appointed club house. Im already on a promise to play again next time Im in Auckland, and that would be a great pleasure. Some clubs frown on non members but this one welcomed me and made me very much at home. A lovely day